• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
TS Isaac Banter Thread

Yeah and this post CLEARLY needed to be added to make it better...

Point taken. To be fair, it was a cry for sympathy.

Back on topic - I find it interesting that folks still bandy about the idea of this missing the Greater Antilles. Even without met knowledge, it seems hugely unlikely that this misses out on at least a brief jaunt over "real" land - didn't every permutaiton of the GFS ensemble from the last run take the storm over at least one of Cuba/Hispanola? Running the strait into the Gulf is a longshot even if the cone of uncertainy is centered on the strait- when it's off to the side like now, it's a lotto ticket.

(Of course, prior posts today noting that with favorable conditions, storms that aren't totally eviscerated have plenty of time to pull a Charley.

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 6 days out on the GFS, and the 500 mb heights look like it could be left behind by the ridge weakness that let it start coming Northwest, with rather weak steering around it. It could meander a bit until the next polar trough comes along for it.

I don't know if anyone on these forums would really "like" that.

Even though they're from Allan's site, can we not post maps that contour MSLP every 2 mb? It makes a cyclone look deeper than it really is and with so many tightly-packed contours it's hard to even read the SLP value.

Why is everyone being so anal in the banter thread? Everyone has been using those maps for years, and I hardly think you not liking them is a reason to not post them. Finally, I don't know what the MSLP is going to be at 126 hours, but I'd bet my house it's not going to be what the GFS is showing.

Maybe it's just that I like all the circles. It makes a 975mb depiction on the GFS look like storm of the century.

Why is everyone being so anal in the banter thread? Everyone has been using those maps for years, and I hardly think you not liking them is a reason to not post them. Finally, I don't know what the MSLP is going to be at 126 hours, but I'd bet my house it's not going to be what the GFS is showing.

I know, and I've never liked them. :P

No I just think it's deceptive and kinda weenie-ish, that's all. It's not really a big deal.

I know, and I've never liked them. :P

No I just think it's deceptive and kinda weenie-ish, that's all. It's not really a big deal.

Fair enough, I'm guilty of being a pretty big tropical weenie. Grew up on the NC coast, always been fascinated by and enjoyed storms despite the mess afterwards.

i figured it was a bit of comic relief before we get to the heart of the storm. my apologies.

I'm cool with it and I believe riptide is, too. He's just referencing the turn of events in here after another post that was just for fun. Some people take "fun" posts a little too seriously in a banter thread!

This thread created to keep JB comments out of the main thread and because mets who get the forecast right just aren't as entertaining JB Henry Marga****ty, DT and Kmart.

You forgot Larry Cosgrove and his CMC.

It was nice to see the GFS trend east .

:weenie: it is 6 days out. Keep it in your pants.

Archived