Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
TS Isaac Banter Thread

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we should throw out the Nam because it doesn't show a gulf hit? Who cares if it's at 84 hours. It's a weather board and we are posting about weather. Also, this is a banter thread.

Metfan is one of the nicer posters on the board, but to suggest people have suddently developed an aversion to the NAM as a tropical model because it might be suggesting an East Coast storm, is just sorta wrong.

People have been slagging on the NAM as a tropical model for as long as I can remember, and Isaac may be starting either at the edge of the domain or beyond it.

If the NAM scores the coup, and you get Irene Deux, I'll be happy for you.

But it isn't Gulf bias that has people questioning models like the NAM, DGEX or NoGaps.

:huh:

What did I do that was wrong?

The NAM usually sucks at 84 over the US. You might as well pull out the CRAS and maybe some of the models Facebook weenies have made up with excel spreadsheets and photoshop. I'd maybe forgive you if you looked at it while a sys was approaching landfall and you had some time to kill.

The NAM usually sucks at 84 over the US. You might as well pull out the CRAS and maybe some of the models Facebook weenies have made up with excel spreadsheets and photoshop. I'd maybe forgive you if you looked at it while a sys was approaching landfall and you had some time to kill.

it's a banter thread and the post was prefaced with "FWIW".

I am looking forward to the 6 12"+ snowstorms the NAM is going to give me this winter though.

NHC is also not going to deviate that heavily from a prior forecast. If there is more land interaction they have time to deal with that. Perhaps going too gung ho early slows the process tho who knows right?

And lol at the NAM and DGEX being discussed.

:thumbsup: Just wanted to say that the 84hr Nam at this time should really not be trusted IMO...when things get interesting later on I think it will preform quite well.

Election year. :(

I was more thinking it's been an incredibly boring season and we have been watching this too long. Hell, I saw people posting sat images of this wave when it was over east Africa. I'm pretty sure someone clamored for it getting a circle when it was still about 2 days from hitting the ocean. So, yeah, I think we're a little too into this one (me included).

I was more thinking it's been an incredibly boring season and we have been watching this too long. Hell, I saw people posting sat images of this wave when it was over east Africa. I'm pretty sure someone clamored for it getting a circle when it was still about 2 days from hitting the ocean. So, yeah, I think we're a little too into this one (me included).

Crappy winter + largely weakened prime severe season = chaos

Archived