• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe weather thread number ...I think X ?

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Logan looks like it's getting rocked right now.

Yup

SPECI KBOS 241932Z 36020G28KT 1 1/4SM R04R/2600VP6000FT +RA BKN049 BKN250 23/20 A2957 RMK AO2 PK WND 01028/1923 RAB21 PRESRR P0002

SPECI KBOS 241934Z 01019G25KT 1/2SM R04R/1200VP6000FT +TSRA FG BKN036 BKN049 22/20 A2956 RMK AO2 PK WND 01028/1923 WSHFT 1919 TSB33RAB21 OCNL LTG CCICCG OHD TS OHD MOV E P0005

Okay. That may very well be - not intending to take any credit there - I could care less who situates the notice. I just didn't want to come off as a chest beater by repeating things. I also don't spend quite as much time on the boards as others, so forgive my negligence.

That said, ... yeah, I remember seeing this in the charts my self a back when, but with convection, I am much less inclined to doing any extended lead write-ups compared to our synoptic-scaled events during the cold season.

You are right! As usual, the 12z run of the NAM appears somewhat less interesting aloft... If we transport the higher CAPE air though, we really don't need much in the way of kinematics to realize a very energetic result.

Agreed, I like the WAA period as well. Could be some strobing yee ha!

lol

For the time being, I am hesitant to jump on the 12z GFS trend (north). I think the teleconnections / pattern support the more consistent 12z NAM / ECMWF. Of course, we'll know more tomorrow! (a profound statement there...womp)

i still think it looks good for us... i think the warm front stalls somewhere in CT

I do too; I didn't mean to sound so negative. I feel the best approach with severe weather forecasting is looking for something to go wrong.

Here is a report from the Spring Point Marina in South Portland:

01:00 PM 07/24/2012 REPORTED BY: BOATER

ANZ153 COUNTY, ME - 3 MILES SOUTHEAST OF SOUTH PORTLAND

MARINE T-STORM WIND ESTIMATED AT 74 MPH SPRINGPOINT MARINA ESTIMATES HURRICANE FORCE WINDS AT THE DOCKHOUSE.

And another from Cape Elizabeth:

12:55 PM 07/24/2012 REPORTED BY: PUBLIC

CUMBERLAND COUNTY, ME - CAPE ELIZABETH

T-STORM WIND GUST MEASURED AT 86 MPH TOP OF FLAGPOLE BLOWN OFF

Storm looked more meanacing on radar/approaching than it's actual display here in the financial district. Hard to judge wind up on the 29th floor, some large flags were ripping pretty good down at street level.

Overall just a ton or rain, maybe some 30-40 mph winds preceeding the storm and a few bolts going off in the seaport district.

Archived