• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Severe weather thread number ...I think X ?

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From looking at other data and such I would actually think eastern PA into northern NJ and southeast NY into the Hudson would be the best area right now...certainly have to watch western CT/MA though.

sure you saw this, 12Z Nam for Thursday evening, 0-3km EHI:

post-3106-0-65611200-1343169749_thumb.pn

From looking at other data and such I would actually think eastern PA into northern NJ and southeast NY into the Hudson would be the best area right now...certainly have to watch western CT/MA though.

Busy and haven't had a chance to follow this much until recently, but I do like the CT river valley centered around HFD

I do think there is a tornado/high end severe threat on Thursday. Timing of morning MCS activity as well as getting the warm front through will be key.

I kind of like the Euro depiction how it basically drapes the w/f right along the MA/CT border or just a bit south of that. That would be ideal. It also brings the MCS right along or just south of the Pike.

Hopefully we can get that out of here early

I do think there is a tornado/high end severe threat on Thursday. Timing of morning MCS activity as well as getting the warm front through will be key.

The lower-level EML is good and bad:

The bad:

1. In general, has more potential to mix into low levels

2. Reduces mid-level lapse rate

The good:

1. Doesn't take as much forcing and/or heating to break cap

2. Can increase the deep-layer CAPE

The morning MCS will leave a boundary somewhere from NE PA / N NJ into CT / NY and it will keep the LCL low if current modeling is correct.

The potential for a significant tornado is higher than normal with convection interacting with these features and with the associated pressure falls.

The lower-level EML is good and bad:

The bad:

1. In general, has more potential to mix into low levels

2. Reduces mid-level lapse rate

The good:

1. Doesn't take as much forcing and/or heating to break cap

2. Can increase the deep-layer CAPE

The morning MCS will leave a boundary somewhere from NE PA / N NJ into CT / NY and it will keep the LCL low if current modeling is correct.

The potential for a significant tornado is higher than normal with convection interacting with these features and with the associated pressure falls.

Yeah you can see a fairly sizable amount of CIN for surface based parcels on the 18z NAM. Not sure how this will evolve but whenever you see a modeled low/mid level jet like we have modeled in July/August/September I always take note.

Archived