joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 2012/13 Ski Season Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like A+ conditions pending for you guys :)

Congrats!!!

Canada:

RK Heli skiing

Whistler

Blackcomb

Panorama

Lake Louise

Sunshine

Fernie

Blue

Europe:

Switerland:

Zermatt

Austria:

Hintertux

Kaprun

Stubaier

Utah:

Alta

Snowbird

Deer Valley

Solitude

Colorado:

Breckenridge

Copper

A-Basin

Keystone

Durango/Purg.

Wolf Creek

Winter Park

New Mexico:

Taos

Santa Fe

VT:

Bolton

Killington

Mad River

Okemo

Pico

Smugglers

Sugarbush

Stowe

NH:

Attitash

Cannon

Waterville

NY:

Hunter

PA:

Doe/Bear

Blue

Camel

Elk

Jack

Shawnee

Montage/Sno

Dave,

Those names do sound familiar. I lived at 38 from fall 1990- fall 1994. We used to play cards with Hayes and Megalitis almost on a nightly basis. But I remember having a conversation with someone from the first floor about that trip. "A mile vertical" drop I remember specifically and being jealous as all hell. Crap, it might have been you I was speaking with. But it was college, 20 years ago and likely under the influence of something.

Pretty excited about the snow chances up north. Looking forward to teaching the kids to ski.

Diggin the resume's! Brings back so many fond memories. I lived in Summit Co from 92-99 so A basin was my home resort. I didn't see Monarch listed. That is hidden gem. Some really good ridge access to fun terrain. Great cat operation. 12 of us booked a cat for a day in 95 and it snowed 35" the 2 days prior and snowed the whole day we were there. They had to bomb the crap out of the bowls and chutes before they let us go. One of the best days in my life.

We road tripped a lot when I was living there. Basically chased the snow.

CO:

Abasin

Keystone

Breck

Copper

Vail

Beaver Creek

Loveland

Winter Park

Eldora

Steamboat

Crested Butte

Monarch

Aspen/Snowmass/Highlands

Wolf Creek

CO Backcountry:

Loveland Pass (did **** for brains once. way scary)

Abasin gates

Buffalo Mtn North Chute (scary)

Vail Pass

Hoosier Pass

Independence Pass

Berthoud Pass (sick)

WY:

Jackson

Targhee

NM:

Taos

UT:

Alta

Snowbird

Park City

Solitude

Brighton

Powder Mtn (hidden gem. highly recommend during storm cycle)

CA:

Squaw/Alpine Meadows

Heavenly

Wachusett it close... 26 acres...

bwahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha!!!

good one!

i've skied WaWa once already this year...when only two trails were open...got boring real fast...waiting for them to open some top to bottom terrain

excited to see that Berkshire East is about to go full-force (for their capabilitites) into snow-making...

maybe it's time to start discussing the Beast G2G?

bwahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha!!!

good one!

i've skied WaWa once already this year...when only two trails were open...got boring real fast...waiting for them to open some top to bottom terrain

excited to see that Berkshire East is about to go full-force (for their capabilitites) into snow-making...

maybe it's time to start discussing the Beast G2G?

uh-oh, WaWa checking in with 5 trails this morning! game on!

Wawa get's boring when 100% open. It's too bad they can't clear a few trees between trails and open those areas up for a little glade skiing.

I thought they got approval to cut a glade trail to the right of Conifer but I haven't heard anything about it I would think they would have that info on their website so it must not be ready yet.

I thought they got approval to cut a glade trail to the right of Conifer but I haven't heard anything about it I would think they would have that info on their website so it must not be ready yet.

I asked a few employees about it and they seem clueless.

But I did score 2 passes for Waterville Valley for having some work done on my car today!!

Whooo-hooo! Have not been there in ages

I'm very much looking forward to seeing if the latest CFS has a good handle on things. Conditions right now aren't that good, slippery rocks and fast grass so a good cold system delivering snow would be a blessing. I'm hoping for a return of coastal systems as well. We didn't see enough full fledged N'oreasters last season so their return is highly anticipated.

I agree. Let's see what this week can do. Looks like highest weekly totals may be in the wildcat,sugar loaf/saddleback camp. I'd choose one of those 3 as the top snowgetters this week. Sr base is low (800'), they should do well but prob not the jpot

49 now. Unreal

We are up to 37 trails and 10 lifts now, but may crest over 40 trails tomorrow with tonight's teens and calm winds. In the atmosphere forecast tonight with clear skies, dry dewpoints, temps in teens, and no wind, we can see 1 foot per hour type production out of the HKD tower guns (60 gallons of water a minute)...the fan guns could pump a ridiculous amount of water (200-300 gallons per minute) out onto the trails as well.

Been a good start to the season all things considered. Folks can talk about ski areas going out of business and having a rough go of it, but if you look at the majority of the ski resorts in New England, the conditions, openings, photos, etc all look solid for mid-December. I'll be the first to say that it sucks not having natural snow (because I like to ski powder, thus my handle), but it is not nearly as necessary as it used to be even as early as 5 years ago. The technology for snowmaking is really taking off and will only get better as the companies know the ski resorts will need to invest in snowmaking for future business.

Archived