• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Summer update: With June in the books and modestly cooler than normal, the regional string is broken

Typhoon Tip

With dews in the upper 50s for most?

lolz.

How's next week looking, particularly upstate NY (old forge area)?

Normally when I take my week up at the lake house it's days and days of cold and rain. The awesomeness of this current week makes me think someone's due for a clunker of a week, so it might as well be for me next week.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lolz.

How's next week looking, particularly upstate NY (old forge area)?

Normally when I take my week up at the lake house it's days and days of cold and rain. The awesomeness of this current week makes me think someone's due for a clunker of a week, so it might as well be for me next week.

Monday may offer some rain, but after that...looks very summer-like. There may be the typical aftn shwr or tstm on a couple of days, but certainly not cold or rainy.

44F for the low here this morning... that's certainly the lowest I've had in a while. MVL may have ticked 42 or 43F.

Added some extra blankets in the middle of the night and turned off all the window fans... frigid in the house this morning but awesome at the same time!

Sounds awful.

20 degrees warmer for the morning low here. Windows open, no blankets, walking naked around the house..The way summer is supposed to be

The birds are starting later, the sun is coming up later, it's happening. The descent is well under way. Poor, poor Summer lovers, it so fleeting.

So true. But who wouldn't love what you say is wonderfully comfy weather that you experienced this summer?

reminds me of winter-cold and snow (Trough) was always 10 days or more away, then when it came it was "this is it?"

Well this week was progged well I thought. People shouldn't think of trough as always meaning temps in the 70s. It means temps maybe somewhat cooler and more chances of shwrs/tstms. It depends on the position of the trough, because if it is further west, it will pump up the heat and moisture over the East Coast.

Well this week was progged well I thought. People shouldn't think of trough as always meaning temps in the 70s. It means temps maybe somewhat cooler and more chances of shwrs/tstms. It depends on the position of the trough, because if it is further west, it will pump up the heat and moisture over the East Coast.

Agree-although I would have thought there would be more rain for us with the front returning north. Even looks drier down in VA/NC than progged.

Agree-although I would have thought there would be more rain for us with the front returning north. Even looks drier down in VA/NC than progged.

The trough actually dug a little deeper on the runs because you are right...it did look a little wetter at first up here, but those areas down there will get wet over the next couple of days.

I agree. It is a beautiful city, but the wx leaves something to be desired. However, go up to 3-4K...and you will in heaven.

There was a time in the early 90s I considered moving there because of the snow in the mountains. I didn't think the weather was that bad - it's actually drier than here in the summer through September/early October. Temps in the 70s for the most part and lows in the 50s - perfect summer weather for me (though I know not all). How can you beat clear blue skies nearly day after day all summer long? You just have to deal with cloudy weather all winter....

I think you get about 100" of snow per thousand feet of elevation around the city. Parts of the city do much better than the airport does and places within commuting distance get tons of snow. If you're a snow lover the Pac NW sure does deliver!

i lived in the raynham area (near dog track) and never realized how well we radiated.....that's about all the wx down there has over other sne areas IMO. go west to norton/ or north to NW parts of easton and it's a new ball game with winter wx when there is a coastal front thou.

Archived