• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Summer update: With June in the books and modestly cooler than normal, the regional string is broken

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

850s are colder than normal there. We are continuing the global torch award. The US that is.

Europe had a nice heat wave this summer.

Two 12 packs of woodchuck hard amber cider will do, pm for my address:)

This weather rocks! Bone dry=more beach time come next week, lawns really slowing down which is welcome I am exhausted.

82 and sunny at the lunch hour

I can pretty much guarantee you that deep trough anomaly on the 12z, D10 Euro that is situated over James Bay will be gone in the runs by this time tomorrow.

Do you recall that the current seasonable temps and awesome sky cover/ multi-day delight was originally a -4SD cut off sub polar vortex with a large pocket over -0C 850 air over Ontario some 8 or 9 days ago?

The Euro has had a habit of coring out heights way too prodigiously deep over the NE CONUS and SE Canada as a standing bias in its late middle and extended ranges - I've been pretty much on auto pilot correct heights routinely upward some 20 to 30 DM for those time ranges and have been doing pretty darn good for a long while now. I see the amplitude +PNAP orientation again, suspect. We'll see.

In the meantime, yeah....it's not really clear to me just yet if a Sonoran release gets involved. A typical precursor is a low amplitude +PNAP that flips -PNAP, such that trapped plateau sear gets ejected out either at once or in pulses, and flows up around the periphery of westerly biased Bermuda ridge. The Bermuda ridge can expand at times, raise heights ... and the 850s will also rise, and we suffer... But that doesn't necessarily have to include a release event rattling around inside of it. The recent heat in the midwest was a Sonoran release, by the way, but a vestigial -NAO flow shunted it south of New England.

I can pretty much guarantee you that deep trough anomaly on the 12z, D10 Euro that is situated over James Bay will be gone in the runs by this time tomorrow.

Do you recall that the current seasonable temps and awesome sky cover/ multi-day delight was originally a -4SD cut off sub polar vortex with a large pocket over -0C 850 air over Ontario some 8 or 9 days ago?

The Euro has had a habit of coring out heights way too prodigiously deep over the NE CONUS and SE Canada as a standing bias in its late middle and extended ranges - I've been pretty much on auto pilot correct heights routinely upward some 20 to 30 DM for those time ranges and have been doing pretty darn good for a long while now. I see the amplitude +PNAP orientation again, suspect. We'll see.

In the meantime, yeah....it's not really clear to me just yet if a Sonoran release gets involved. A typical precursor is a low amplitude +PNAP that flips -PNAP, such that trapped plateau sear gets ejected out either at once or in pulses, and flows up around the periphery of westerly biased Bermuda ridge. The Bermuda ridge can expand at times, raise heights ... and the 850s will also rise, and we suffer... But that doesn't necessarily have to include a release event rattling around inside of it. The recent heat in the midwest was a Sonoran release, by the way, but a vestigial -NAO flow shunted it south of New England.

The ensembles show this anomaly too, albeit a little weaker. The point was that not all of NAMR is torched, and that areas south of 50N are really feeling it here. Maybe in the 11-15 day we get back closer to normal again.

Should see most or all of SNE painted in drought with the next release..Fire up your sprinklers folks..unless you want burned out lawns

Gosh! Just the thought of it...that would be absolutely devastating and all the neighbors would gossip along with drop you in social status. What would humanity be without perfectly lush lawns?

Well played, Pete. Soon enough. The past few days working at 3,700ft has been nothing short of spectacular. Can't wait till its all buried in snow though. Was actually cold yesterday up there with 20G40 north winds and a temp hovering between 48-52F... I just couldn't get warm until I returned to the valley at the end of the work day.

Gosh! Just the thought of it...that would be absolutely devastating and all the neighbors would gossip along with drop you in social status. What would humanity be without perfectly lush lawns?

Personally I am popping the champagne, this happens almost every single summer outside 2009 that I can remember, its a nice and much deserved breather this time of year. Even my properties that have irrigation are showing signs of stress and regardless how much you water or fertilize, the growth slows to a snails pace this time of year.:)

LoL. Kevin gets his drought and ends up being ostracized in his neighborhood. When he jogs past the other green and well tended yards the owners no longer wave. They turn their heads in disgust and whisper about how he's bringing down everyones property values with his eyesore of a yard.

LoL. Kevin gets his drought and ends up being ostracized in his neighborhood. When he jogs past the other green and well tended yards the owners no longer wave. They turn their heads in disgust and whisper about how he's bringing down everyones property values with his eyesore of a yard.

And they'd talk about his lawn just like they did when he had 12-foot high perfectly manicured snowbanks lining his driveway ;)

Well played, Pete. Soon enough. The past few days working at 3,700ft has been nothing short of spectacular. Can't wait till its all buried in snow though. Was actually cold yesterday up there with 20G40 north winds and a temp hovering between 48-52F... I just couldn't get warm until I returned to the valley at the end of the work day.

Tick tock. It was a nice brisk 46 when I left this AM, love the feel of cool air.

Archived