SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
HEAT WAVE 2012!

Wow

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still some high clouds mixing in with a slight north wind in Asheville. Airport just mangaed to hit 90. Personal stations on WU are mid-upper 80's with a few 90's chiming in. What a wonderful way to make an entrance to the board- record heat. Wish it would have been about record snow. Hopefully, I haven't brought a pox unto us all!

I'm starting to become doubtful of that for today, maybe tomorrow. Temps seem to keep fluctuating up and down. I think we'll be able to tie the record high though.

It's still early. My temp held at 96.5 for an hour and a half and then started a slow steady rise again 98.2 now and rising.

Probably my last post until tomorrow but it's now 104 as of 130. It's 104 in lexington to my south and 107 in dewy rose to my north. 105 currently at the columbian airport, 103 in washington to my southeast, 102 in watkinsville just south of athens and at the greensboro airport. 101 or so at greenwood airport, and 100 in athens. Dewpoints are generally in the mid to upper 50s...no wonder temps are soaring.

You walk outside right now and it's like someone sticking a heater in your face. Will be interesting to say the least to see what the final high temp is when I get back.

Archived