Newest Member
    joxey
HEAT WAVE 2012!

Wow

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

108.0 here in Asheboro at 2:10 pm. :yikes:

Is that a personal weather station reading, or an official one?

KCHA touched 100 last hour, but fell back to 99 for the 2 PM obs. We are still 3 degrees ahead of yesterday while maintaining a DP 4 degrees higher. If we mix out, there will be a big temp spike in the next 3-4 hours.

:lol: It needs to be 110 or higher here between the portals

Shoot, I told you you weren't moving far enough :) YOu should have move down this way, where it is relatively balmy compaired to the rest of you. I'm holding on at 98.3, though the Experiment Station has a 99, as of 2:30. Now I have 98.7. T

The only place outside of the mountains in North Carolina that may not reach or "feel" the 100 degree heat today will be right here along the immediate eastern slopes of the mountains. The temp has actually dropped to 95 with a thick mid level overcast sky. Mid level clouds are always one of the biggest wild cards in regards to predicting heat waves. My unofficial high briefly touched 98 degrees around 12:45 to 1 pm. That was around the time the mid-level clouds increased. The atmosphere here supported a high of 102-103 but it looks like we will catch a break today.

Not sure we will be as lucky tomorrow...the same general throught is that the temp could reach 102 or higher tomorrow barring no clouds.

Nashville shot from 98 to 103 as mixing has finally taken hold and the DP is dropping. I believe the forecast of 108 is well back into play.

I think my 101 is about it for here unless I manage to get some mixing that will take me below a 70 degree dew point.

GSP per their discussion is going to pull the trigger on Excessive Heat Warnings for tomorrow including the Charlotte Metro area and all Upstate areas along and south of I-85. All other non-mountain locations will go under an advisory. The belief is that DP's won't mix down as much tomorrow.

105 for Charlotte/GSP and 102 along I-40 for projected high's tomorrow.

GSP per their discussion is going to pull the trigger on Excessive Heat Warnings for tomorrow including the Charlotte Metro area and all Upstate areas along and south of I-85. All other non-mountain locations will go under an advisory. The belief is that DP's won't mix down as much tomorrow.

105 for Charlotte/GSP and 102 along I-40 for projected high's tomorrow.

Just did.....for today and tomorrow.

Raleigh also expanded their warnings for the weekend.

.SHORT TERM /SATURDAY THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT/...

AS OF 250 PM FRIDAY...

...WILL EXPAND THE EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING SATURDAY THROUGH SUNDAY

EVENING TO INCLUDE ALL 31 COUNTIES IN CENTRAL NC WITH HEAT INDICES

UP TO 110-115 POSSIBLE...

...TRIPLE DIGIT HEAT WILL CONTINUE TO THREATEN ALL-TIME AND DAILY

RECORD HIGHS...

Archived