Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Long Duration Noreaster - First week of June

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Days and days in the 40's and 50's.

great to see BOX 78 sunny sat and 80 sunny sunday and 83 sunny monday for west chesterfield!!!! Looks like you will be warmer than my locale once again during the heat wave, enjoy Pete.

WHat day are we playing, Friday is best for me.

Looks like the ocean effect keeps going. Between yesterday and today I'm at 0.59" from mainly ocean effect. (1.38" storm total). Love the heavy windswept waves of soaking sheet drizzle. This would be fun in winter.

From point and click forecast: "Showers likely, mainly before 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 57. North wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible."

From the forecast discussion: "BELIEVE PRECIP WILL BEGIN TO OVERSPREAD SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND BY

THE AFTERNOON HOURS."

Which is it? LOL

Looks like the ocean effect keeps going. Between yesterday and today I'm at 0.59" from mainly ocean effect. (1.38" storm total). Love the heavy windswept waves of soaking sheet drizzle. This would be fun in winter.

From point and click forecast: "Showers likely, mainly before 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 57. North wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible."

From the forecast discussion: "BELIEVE PRECIP WILL BEGIN TO OVERSPREAD SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND BY

THE AFTERNOON HOURS."

Which is it? LOL

Hey good to have someone from interior se ma. Radar has lit up in that area since yesterday. Elevation helps out a little too.

THE AFTERNOON HOURS."

Which is it? LOL

Where abouts are you located where the elevation is 300ft? I'm from the area.

Was going to say that the Blue Hills look to be causing some lift based on radar.

Yeah that probably helped out. Lots of land/sea convergence too...you could see it yesterday on radar following the coastline but set back a few miles inland. Just those moist winds hitting the friction of the land and also the uplift over areas other than the Blue Hills that go up a couple of hundred feet just away from the beaches.

Where abouts are you located where the elevation is 300ft? I'm from the area.

Just east of Stoughton Ctr. There's a small ridge there that peaks out at 325 ft along Route 139 at the water tank at Central St, with a couple other peaks just over 300 feet, one of which I live on. The town's 2-foot contour map has the 300-ft contour going right through the middle of my yard.

Archived