Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Long Duration Noreaster - First week of June

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

congrats Tuckermans Ravine

Good call Ginxy from a week out. Here's their observer forecast. Classic for early June:

"A bit of a winter weather snap somewhat suprisingly embraced the higher summits overnight, and looks to continue through the day thanks to a chilly east flow. Precipitation will fall in the form of snow and sleet, possibly mixing with rain at times during the afternoon. With up to 1/2" of liquid forecasted by computer models, light accumulations can be expected, generally in the 2-4" range."

Not to pull a LL but today is actually not so bad here. It was better than what I was expecting. Periods of sunshine and blue sky breaking through the BKN Cu deck. A breeze and cool but actually refreshing when the sun is out. I did have to close the windows at the house but it's definitely not a damp/dreary feeling day.

Heavy wool sweater day at the Pit.

Managed to get to 50.7 at 2:00 when the clouds thinned (for about 15 minutes). Back into the drizzle now.

48.8/46.

That band of rain that's been plaguing Maine, although weakened, has dislodged and is pressing SSW now. Should get a moderate burst into the N-NE zones then settling S through the area. ...Perhaps the apex of the sh*ts pattern. There are some subtle signs that tomorrow may improve, and Wednesday actually starting to look partly sunny -like in the afternoon.

It's blowing pretty good at home. There is a decent amount of leaves and small branches strewn about.

Quick, text Wiz with your address or a nearby intersection. Was any lawn furniture tipped over?

jk.... I could feel the wind buffetting my car on the drive up Rte 2, would imagine it much windier near the shore.

Clouded up with a freshening breeze out of the north, really hope we can get some light rain out of this band that is coming in from the north since I just fertilized a few properties. Tstorm chances over the next few afternoons? Hope everyone had a fantastic day!

That's pretty far south for it to snow in June, but I know the British Isles and Scandinavia have been having anomalously cold weather with the -NAO block. I was imagining you'd have to be up by Trondheim to get snow this late in the season with limited elevation.

Yeah I have no idea what climo is in this area but the mountains aren't that high in elevation but they are impressive. They all start at sea level at the fjords, but then rise straight up to 4-6000ft. Most folks live at New England elevations from sea level to 2000ft, but there are villages up in the 3000ft range. There's still snow on the ground from winter down to 2000ft in the interior fjord region (like mid coast) and up at the highest passes (3500-4800ft) there is still tens of feet on the ground. Found 30 foot snowbanks today at 4000ft. They must get a mind numbing amount of snow or it just doesn't melt. It was like 80F though last week at sea level quite sways up the coast.

Clouded up with a freshening breeze out of the north, really hope we can get some light rain out of this band that is coming in from the north since I just fertilized a few properties. Tstorm chances over the next few afternoons? Hope everyone had a fantastic day!

What did BDR get to today? I had 63 there for the high and 59 for BDL.

Boston, Chatham and Nantucket all running 2 feet above normal, tonights high tide should be interesting.

http://tidesonline.nos.noaa.gov/

Chatham has a surge of +2.25ft and Boston is at +2.0ft last hour.

Boston's astro tide last night was 12.16ft with 1.3ft of surge on top. Tonight's astro tide is 12.29ft.

That was so 42 seconds ago, 3G LOL

There's nothing better than a good coastal on the coast. I miss them very much from my time back home!

Yeah I love a good storm. In the winter, others would hate the wind, but I love wind driven snow. It's the best.

I'll probably take a spin around the coast tonight. I have tomorrow off so might as well...lol.

What did BDR get to today? I had 63 there for the high and 59 for BDL.

Not sure they were 65 at 250 when I stopped home, not sure if it went higher between hourly obs, nice job, okx had 61 this morning. I think there was more sun and less precip than most people thought in most of ct. Still only a Trace for the event here.

Archived