12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
SNE Convective/Thunder thread

free_man

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know how much tolls would be if we went 91 north to Springfield than I90 (MA Pike) from there to Albany?

You don't pay anything on the Mass pike as long as you're getting on at I-91 in West Springfield. You'll take a ticket...but there's no charge. Just be sure once you're in NY to exit the NYS Thruway to stay on I-90 into Albany. I don't think there's a charge...if there is it is at most 50 cents. If you stay on the Thruway and take I-87 into Albany...you'll pay a couple bucks.

Wiz, the Mass Pike is toll free from 291 in Springfield through the NY border. ...not sure what the tolls are like in New York, or crossing the Hudson.

You don't pay anything on the Mass pike as long as you're getting on at I-91 in West Springfield. You'll take a ticket...but there's no charge. Just be sure once you're in NY to exit the NYS Thruway to stay on I-90 into Albany. I don't think there's a charge...if there is it is at most 50 cents. If you stay on the Thruway and take I-87 into Albany...you'll pay a couple bucks.

Awesome...thanks guys! As soon as that outlook comes out we're off!

For interior SNE:

if you loop this you can see a boundary working west. Not sure if that is outflow from the storms that raced seaward, or if that is active back dooring, but that could put the kabash on it for SNE.

I think the morning MCSs helped create a little meso high (slight pressure rises observed at the marine stations) that is acting to backdoor the area.

why are you waiting for that? it's not going to direct you to a specific point. LOL.

how long is the drive from there? an hour or two?

If he's going to Troy...it's 2.20, from the online calculator.

I have a festish for the probs on SPC outlooks lol

We can make Troy in close to 2 hours...maybe a tad less, especially if traffic is nada and we can do 85-90 mph much of the way

Shear has increased each model run since 12z yesterday. I'm noticing the 500/700mb flow down here in SNE and SE NY is definitely progged to be stronger on the 12z runs than it was from yesterday's runs. That's one of the reason severe threat has increased down here as well as the remnant EML plume that was unspoiled by the lack of convection yesterday and last night.

Would love to see 18z soundings from OKX and ALB.

Ern NY looks great for severe right now.

Can you spare a brother 35 miles?

Good luck to all for great storms and no damage to property, life or limb. A great combo.

UGH--crashed through the 80* barrier.

80.4/73. This run is going to suck. The only think suckier is that I cant' go until after my haircut so it will only be worse. On the other hand, the gal who cuts my hair is a gem, ftw.

Archived