• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
SNE Convective/Thunder thread

free_man

Shear has increased each model run since 12z yesterday. I'm noticing the 500/700mb flow down here in SNE and SE NY is definitely progged to be stronger on the 12z runs than it was from yesterday's runs. That's one of the reason severe threat has increased down here as well as the remnant EML plume that was unspoiled by the lack of convection yesterday and last night.

Would love to see 18z soundings from OKX and ALB.

Seeing any tor threat down here?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shear has increased each model run since 12z yesterday. I'm noticing the 500/700mb flow down here in SNE and SE NY is definitely progged to be stronger on the 12z runs than it was from yesterday's runs. That's one of the reason severe threat has increased down here as well as the remnant EML plume that was unspoiled by the lack of convection yesterday and last night.

Would love to see 18z soundings from OKX and ALB.

Yesterday's models looked very meager in that dept..especially closer to our latitude. A little stronger today, but I think remnant plume is also not advecting out or at least modified by convection like models progged it would.

Looks like some stuff already starting to fire along a boundary on the west side of the Hudson Valley. While it's not severe yet, it likely won't take much for it become severe with the instability. SPC mesoanalysis indicating 3000-4000 J/kg of CAPE in these parts.

Could make for a wild and exciting afternoon in these parts. 88/69.

Archived