northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
SNE End of May, into Summer Thread

free_man

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ensembles had the front nearby too. I think there is a good chance of clouds and what not holding temps down for your race. Still like my call for you.

Yeah you've been holding with that call and I agree, could go eitherway. I've seen plenty of heat cut short up there due to cloud debris and early frontal passages....especially if it's just hanging in southern Canada. Like in the winter, it's easy for cooler air to bleed south...it's not like SNE, there's no terrain or anything to stop air from moving south into the area. If anything, fronts have a tendency to get hung up over the BTV FA as they hit the Adirondacks and Greens, and you end up with a cloudy, hazy, humid day but not exceptionally hot. Like a mostly cloudy 82/70 afternoon.

Looks like euro brings the front through BTV late Saturday. Could be another one for the SCF?

Nice SNE fropa Sun afternoon with some rain cooled 60s and 70s behind the front up here. I pray, oh do I pray, for the upper MS Valley though...maybe some 100s up through NE/SD/IA/S MN?

Nice SNE fropa Sun afternoon with some rain cooled 60s and 70s behind the front up here. I pray, oh do I pray, for the upper MS Valley though...maybe some 100s up through NE/SD/IA/S MN?

That would be perfect for Kevin. 60s and 70s...lol. After all the heat hype. I bet the ensembles may hint at this too. That's why I told him to relax with the front nearby because it could easily come through or at the very least give him some clouds.

I think the compromise between the operational GFS and Euro regarding the position and amplitude of the heat ridge evolving late this week is the way to go. The Euro showing continuity issues in east Pacific and that is hampering it's placement of the coupled large scale positive geopotential mean. On the flip side, the GFS appears okay through about D5 then gets too progressive in its handling of the evolution as it becomes zealously fast to decay the pattern once it formulates its self. These types of large scale circulation changes tend to withstand shorter duration influence and the GFS tends to exaggerate these into large scale changes as a bias .

:o

Monday
: Mostly cloudy, showers likely. Low: 57. High: 76 inland, 72 shore.

Tuesday:
Mostly cloudy with a few showers likely, a chance for a thunderstorm. Low: 58. High: 80 inland, 76 shore.

Wednesday:
Partly sunny with a chance for a shower or thunderstorm. Low: 59. High: 80 inland, 76 shore.

Thursday:
Partly sunny and warm. Low: 59. High: 82 inland, 77 shore.

Friday
: Partly sunny and humid, becoming hot. Low: 60. High: 88 inland, 82 shore.

Saturday:
Partly sunny and hot. Low: 60. High: 90 inland, 83 shore.

:o

Monday
: Mostly cloudy, showers likely. Low: 57. High: 76 inland, 72 shore.

Tuesday:
Mostly cloudy with a few showers likely, a chance for a thunderstorm. Low: 58. High: 80 inland, 76 shore.

Wednesday:
Partly sunny with a chance for a shower or thunderstorm. Low: 59. High: 80 inland, 76 shore.

Thursday:
Partly sunny and warm. Low: 59. High: 82 inland, 77 shore.

Friday
: Partly sunny and humid, becoming hot. Low: 60. High: 88 inland, 82 shore.

Saturday:
Partly sunny and hot. Low: 60. High: 90 inland, 83 shore.

It's hard to take a meteorologist that uses words like woo-hoo and fantabulous in a "technical" weather discussion seriously.

Archived