northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
SNE End of May, into Summer Thread

free_man

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could potentially be a great pattern, however, verbatim I think the ridge on the GFS is just a tad too strong so the better severe threats on there would be extreme northern New England into Canada. Not saying this is going to happen but just saying what would happen if the pattern verified exactly like so.

Yeah, but will it be raining? :)

Well Monday aftn through Tuesday aftn may be tough. I think Wesnwsdau and Thursday may be ok for you but you always have to watch out for onshore flow this time of year. You'll have fun regardless. You visiting or have fam there?

This could potentially be a great pattern, however, verbatim I think the ridge on the GFS is just a tad too strong so the better severe threats on there would be extreme northern New England into Canada. Not saying this is going to happen but just saying what would happen if the pattern verified exactly like so.

It's probably better being too far N at this timeframe, given the way the models beat down heat ridges and direct them SW as we get closer to them.

There's almost always EML outbreaks with that type of pattern. But will there be lift for initiation and enough shear for severe weather?

As long as we are near the top of the ridge there should be more than sufficient shear. As far as lift is concerned...a cold front has to work east eventually :lol: (Just hopefully it coincides with an EML...sometimes we get EML's but by the time a source of lift comes through the EML is gone)

As long as we are near the top of the ridge there should be more than sufficient shear. As far as lift is concerned...a cold front has to work east eventually :lol: (Just hopefully it coincides with an EML...sometimes we get EML's but by the time a source of lift comes through the EML is gone)

Yeah. I'd rather have split flow in the west. The highly amplified longwave pattern being depicted doesn't allow much potential for decent canadian shortwaves to move across the northern tier of the US. June 1st, 2011, May 31st, 1985, and May 31st, 1998 had that.

day 3 of perfection.

inland slightly sizzles the next two days.

Fire and brimstone on track.

Ginxy selling another week of doom and gloom, if it was like this week sign me up.

Yeah, this week was great with some frost and overnight lows repeatedly in the 30's also some decent rains. Hopefully we'll maintain that Spring weather with no high heat.

Yeah, this week was great with some frost and overnight lows repeatedly in the 30's also some decent rains. Hopefully we'll maintain that Spring weather with no high heat.

sounds like wrist slitting weather up there Pete>nothing but sun here the last 3 days lows around 50.

You might be one of the warmest locations in SNE today and tomorrow! Enjoy my friend.

Archived