• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
SNE End of May, into Summer Thread

free_man

It argued 95 anyways. But we are on edge of plume which means TSTMS possible or some clouds. True heat is DTW. Still lots of time.

It's probably :blink: to comment on a D8-10 interval, but that's a full on assault "as is" heat blast! Period, but you're right in that the hottest day would be the 11 d if that went on...

500mb height synopsis supports more heat than is showing underneath, too -

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think RadarMan deleted his post of "don't we always" for convection... and yeah I agree lol. This time of year though we seem to be more prone to disrupting these plumes of heat as the jet stream hasn't retreated too far north compared to late July/August.

I think RadarMan deleted his post of "don't we always" for convection... and yeah I agree lol. This time of year though we seem to be more prone to disrupting these plumes of heat as the jet stream hasn't retreated too far north compared to late July/August.

That orientation looked decent for MCS stuff....at least I thought it did anyways.

This one was kinda cool.

http://www.meteo.psu...2002/us0518.php

I remember this one... We were having a cold spring anyway, and had already experienced accumulating snow showers down on the Boston Commons one evening earlier in the month, then along came this little guy. I remember it raining big drops coming down at angle ... sheeting along the pavement of the streets where I lived at the time, with two nut jobs in a house on Chestnut St in Waltham, Ma. It was right around 11:30am when I noticed those big fat drops were not totally drops ;) but were "noodles" mixed in. I remember thinking that it was all of a month and 2 days before the summer solstice and that is officially the latest I have ever seen frozen elements to precipitation - just a single month before the greatest insolation day of the year.

4th of July out on Plumb Island at my aunts place was memorably hot that year. Right around 100F.

Hey Ginx,

as espected ...U.S. Drought Monitoring published on the 15th (2 days go) reflects a somewhat worse scenario than the source you provided - I'm curious why they are different.

northeast_dm.png

And again, that will change since much of the area has had 0.5" to 2" since then. But, we are in a deficit though. At least in BOS.

And again, that will change since much of the area has had 0.5" to 2" since then. But, we are in a deficit though. At least in BOS.

I doubt it. It'll take more for this particular source to alleviate. We've had 10-15 " basin wide and they have only recovered one D category.

Now, my biggest concern is why Ginx source is different.

It all just makes it less clear WHAT the real status is.

I'm still seeing res. below average upon drive bys fwiw -

I doubt it. It'll take more for this particular source to alleviate. We've had 10-15 " basin wide and they have only recovered one D category.

Now, my biggest concern is why Ginx source is different.

It all just makes it less clear WHAT the real status is.

I'm still seeing res. below average upon drive bys fwiw -

I think it will. Most places are within 2.5-5.5" from normal. A lot of the in between stations had big rains over the last couple of days.

However, that can change if we don't get much rain on the next 2 weeks obviously. Probably alleviate some of those oranges anyways.

71F for the high out this way.

Very warm going forward I think. I do think WFSB was on crack last night going 90F on Sunday, though. I think 83-86F should do it.

Amazing weekend nonetheless, especially for the coast where the sea breeze will make it absolutely wonderful with highs 74-78F.

Up in NNE I think they have a shot at 85-88F with extreme insolation and wicked dry air...could be fun to watch

Not for nothing, but that high temp is impossible.

cool, I could care less.

lets go with bdr then 72 for the high..........who cares? It was a perfect day.

I suppose I should just not pay daycare next week and suck it up and buy a sweeet home thermo!

cool, I could care less.

lets go with bdr then 72 for the high..........who cares? It was a perfect day.

I suppose I should just not pay daycare next week and suck it up and buy a sweeet home thermo!

That would be a smart decision. Like snowman said...probably a site issue which is what I think.

They really put 90 up in the forecast?

Will it even get to 80 there?

I know I may get picky and uptight with bad obs or meteorology, but that's the kind of stuff that gets me upset. It's amazing how awful mets can be, and some just don't care with they put out. Just rip the extended MOS, give them the check every Friday, and call it a forecast. It bothers me as someone in the field.

Archived