• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
SNE End of May, into Summer Thread

free_man

That wasn't technically a derechio.... Derechios are born of MCC actiivity, where they are thermodynamically driven by instability produced nocturnally via radiative cloud-top cooling serving to perpetuate elevated (as in mid level) CAPE. They then tend to intensify along the noses of a mid level jet max as they ride along the periphery of a ridge, where the latter induces an inflow jet response in the 850mb level.

That deal down in Florida was baroclinically derived.

Just FYI -

Thats like the third migraine you've given me, Im going to sue soon.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

happy weekend, a brutal brutal week of work is complete, sitting in the sun billing clients ftw. words really dont describe how gorgeous it is, 4 days of absolute bliss, then comes the fire.

have a great weekend weenies.

It does look like a fantastic day back home in the Northern Green Mountains...

Morrisville-Stowe Airport had a frosty low of 32F this morning and is already pushing 70F this afternoon. I love those days.

Looks like its finally starting to green up in the mountains back home... can even see leaf out starting now above 1,500ft on the Bolton Valley webcam. Trees and grass in the "Green Mountains" finally showing some green!

This is correct actually... and there is a split classification.

However, the 1993 event in question ....or type, rather, isn't the same as what took place in 1995. Florida/Cuba impactor was "serial" in nature.

The type in "NW Flow events are" not the same thing. These latter 1995 types are progressive.

The structural component of each is different. The serial type come as a irregular "pulses" of bowing along a squall line. Progressive types generate a uniform pool of cool air that rushes out.

Thats like the third migraine you've given me, Im going to sue soon.

Ha, I was actually confusing the term "derechio" with the that of MCC...

As I mentioned to Ginxy there ... there is a difference, however, between the "type" that occur because of MCC versus those that are born out of squall lines.

. . .Napes exposed for all to see.

It'll be interesting to see how much lightning is actually electrical versus how much is really just the reflection bouncing off the glare of Kevin's bald dome... I mean, it could just be one flash that bounces around between Kevin's head and the cloud base...

Yep, new kind of lightning classification ... CC, CG, CA, CKHAB (Cloud to Kevin's Head and Back...)

What about inland?

Obviously warmer, but the euro had a lot of onshore flow and showers too..especially aftn. It was thanks to a cutoff low to the south. The GFS has this, but not to the extent of the euro. I think something in between the euro and gfs looks reasonable. Basically seasonable to a bit below normal at times.. especially coast, with some shwrs this week. That looks reasonable right now.

Euro ensembles wedge us in as well.

Scott fwiw I think the Euro is showing some bad run to run continuity in handling details aloft with ....whatever gets stranded in the East. The 00z and 12z shows poor run to run continuity as a result, with the placement of the ridge node.

The well clustered -PNA, despite the fact that the PNA is on the negate slope toward seasonal incoherence of summer, combined with the 00z operational Euro and the 12z operational GFS are more tips my think away from these errant looking runs that try to insert nuances.

Eh, we'll see -

Scott fwiw I think the Euro is showing some bad run to run continuity in handling details aloft with ....whatever gets stranded in the East. The 00z and 12z shows poor run to run continuity as a result, with the placement of the ridge node.

The well clustered -PNA, despite the fact that the PNA is on the negate slope toward seasonal incoherence of summer, combined with the 00z operational Euro and the 12z operational GFS are more tips my think away from these errant looking runs that try to insert nuances.

Eh, we'll see -

It's basically the fact that all models have a cutoff just SW of us next week. Euro and Canadian are somewhat similar. It's not 48 and drizzle everyday like I said, but basically clouds, some sun especially inland, mostly onshore flow and some showers. Not Kevin's 75/65 every day. It is also very warm this Memorial Weekend. Watch sneaky BD front late Sunday or Monday..but for now it is warm. I sort of side with the euro on this....although maybe not as dire verbatim.

Euro will be wrong again next week. One day of wet and then just scattered showers and storms in a low 60 dew air mass. Dear God on the torch for the entire holiday weekend

LOL, wrong again? You mean when it nailed the unsettled events this Spring?

the 18Z NAM is toasty for this weekend... Looks almost like a carbon copy of last weekend's two day now.

sure does, mid 80s in the interior seems like a good bet, this weather is perfect, it just does not get any better unless i was on the beach in sc with a cold beer, about 92 with a se wind around 10 knots.

Great day, hope everyone enjoyed it, more to come as BSE2 rolls on.

Gibbs says euro ens still roast all of NE thru Mem Day wow

Yep they do. I think your best hope is front just to north and maybe clouds or something like that. It's not the most humid airmass I think. Still think high 70s and low 80s for most of your race.

Including Mon thru Weds?

Monday into Tuesday. Looks like Tuesday is the cold front for here. The only thing I see is a weak BDF signal for ern areas...but that may be in the form of a seabreeze. Silly to worry about details...but heat is on I think. Also, tstms could visit from time to time.

Euro has 850 temps +16-+17C. That's low 90s on west winds I think, especially Sunday and Monday. I'd like to see if this signal gets stronger by Monday...because sometimes these heat plumes can have things happen to them when it comes to SNE..lol.

For the most part, it has Tip telleconnector support.

Euro has 850 temps +16-+17C. That's low 90s on west winds I think, especially Sunday and Monday. I'd like to see if this signal gets stronger by Monday...because sometimes these heat plumes can have things happen to them when it comes to SNE..lol.

For the most part, it has Tip telleconnector support.

This is next weekend, correct?

Hopefully they usher in some decent TS

Archived