• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE End of May, into Summer Thread

free_man

Looks like a long and boring road ahead for SNE, at least until the first failed severe wx event doesn't strike.

In all seriousness, hopefully we can break out of this awful rut and receive some interesting weather in the next several weeks and beyond Memoral Day weekend.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0.37" of precip for the day so far. Deluge incoming the next 36 hours or so.

Drought is basically done. No severe in the short term.

some beneficial rains coming, that's for sure. Unfortunately, the drought was the only interesting game in town, and that's gone. :flood:

Also, 18z gfs hinting at a couple decent thunder threats beyond D7.

.58 total here.

You think we'll see any storms around the area today? Models backed off as many of us thought

No models didn't back off imo. Still the same areas look good...ern NY and Berks. I did notice some meso models try to develop a few cells in central MA around 18z. Not sure why, other than maybe due to the s/w moving through now. I don't completely buy that, but they may be hinting at something.

If we can get some sun, I could see ern MA and down through ern CT still getting a few weakening storms this evening.

Some nice storms were/are firing around eastern Long Island and heading for Rhode Island.

post-533-0-46849900-1337168686_thumb.png

Very impressive thunder and lightning for 8am on May 16th! Not much in the rain category - only about .20 but some good house rattlers and very bright lightning. Made my morning that's for sure... :)

0.6" in the past 90 min.

at 705 this AM I was on RT 164 to work, in Preston CT. Probably the heaviest rain I have had to drive in, in years, traffic pulled over, I was going 10 miles an hour, rounded the corner on RT 2 and there was only sprinkles. Cool stuff. GON received .6 in an half hour

at 705 this AM I was on RT 164 to work, in Preston CT. Probably the heaviest rain I have had to drive in, in years, traffic pulled over, I was going 10 miles an hour, rounded the corner on RT 2 and there was only sprinkles. Cool stuff. GON received .6 in an half hour

Did you have visions of sandbagging to help stranded motorists?

Nice.

Ended up with ~0.7" this AM. ~1.10" over the past 15hr.

Archived