12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
SNE End of May, into Summer Thread

free_man

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I may get picky and uptight with bad obs or meteorology, but that's the kind of stuff that gets me upset. It's amazing how awful mets can be, and some just don't care with they put out. Just rip the extended MOS, give them the check every Friday, and call it a forecast. It bothers me as someone in the field.

I agree. It's pathetic and disrespectful to those in the field.

okx has upper 70s here I would imagine mid 80s is very reasonable in inland ct.

Yeah above I went 83-86 inland 74-78 shore. ESE winds will be a beotch.

It may be tough with SE winds...maybe 80-82 or so BDL?

Those SE winds will kill GON. 71 GON, 84 BDL would be my first call.

sfc winds both days may really inhibit temps from reaching their full potential...not to mention there could be some clouds around.

Also the busy shoreline this time of year gets a breeze no matter what. Even the westbrook beach had a sw wind this afternoon with a predominantly nw flow. Tanked the temps from 72 to 63 in an hour. Classic sea breeze circulation.

So you can bet ur sweet azzes that sat and sun will have Altleast a 12 degree difference between GON and BDL.

Also the busy shoreline this time of year gets a breeze no matter what. Even the westbrook beach had a sw wind this afternoon with a predominantly nw flow. Tanked the temps from 72 to 63 in an hour. Classic sea breeze circulation.

So you can bet ur sweet azzes that sat and sun will have Altleast a 12 degree difference between GON and BDL.

Makes me even more glad I don't live down by the coast...screwed in the winter and fooked in the summer.

Makes me even more glad I don't live down by the coast...screwed in the winter and fooked in the summer.

Luckily, it almost micro scale. I live 3 miles inland and we had NW flow all day and stay 70-71 all day.

Even on sea breeze days the climo sites in ct aren't a good representation on the shoreline because they're all within 500 ft of the sound. So it may be 85 at BDL and 67 at GON but at my house it's still like 76. Summer is great down here besides dying storms(which is your fetish). By July the sea breeze lets up a lot as water temps rise and sea breeze circulation cannot work with the temp and Td gradients. By mid July it'll be 90 at BDL and 83 at GON which is great.

FWIW GON was 72 and didn't pick up that local breeze. The station in westbrook did because it's at a marina and if some one sneezes on their boat it'll cause the breeze to kick in LOL

Luckily, it almost micro scale. I live 3 miles inland and we had NW flow all day and stay 70-71 all day.

Even on sea breeze days the climo sites in ct aren't a good representation on the shoreline because they're all within 500 ft of the sound. So it may be 85 at BDL and 67 at GON but at my house it's still like 76. Summer is great down here besides dying storms(which is your fetish). By July the sea breeze lets up a lot as water temps rise and sea breeze circulation cannot work with the temp and Td gradients. By mid July it'll be 90 at BDL and 83 at GON which is great.

FWIW GON was 72 and didn't pick up that local breeze. The station in westbrook did because it's at a marina and if some one sneezes on their boat it'll cause the breeze to kick in LOL

:lmao:

I really love the major differences in our weather here. It's pretty amazing how at certain times a difference of like even 3-4 miles can mean as much as 10F in temp.

I remember in high school a friend of mine had a summer home and the walk to the shoreline was like 5-6 minutes...at his summer house it could be like low 80's, however, you made that 5-6 minute walk and the temp difference could be as much as 5-7F and if you went like another 10 minutes to where the fire station was the difference in temp between there and the beach was as much as 7-9F at times...it was awesome.

:lmao:

I really love the major differences in our weather here. It's pretty amazing how at certain times a difference of like even 3-4 miles can mean as much as 10F in temp.

I remember in high school a friend of mine had a summer home and the walk to the shoreline was like 5-6 minutes...at his summer house it could be like low 80's, however, you made that 5-6 minute walk and the temp difference could be as much as 5-7F and if you went like another 10 minutes to where the fire station was the difference in temp between there and the beach was as much as 7-9F at times...it was awesome.

Now you know why I am doing what I'm doing in life :)

Yeah it's fun forecasting around our region, especially on the shore during Spring-Early Summer and again in early winter. I go for runs down near Saybrook Point right on the water(rich and snobby people galore) and today I left my house at 5:15pm after I got home from work and it was 66F...at the beach my car thermo read 62F, sadly after the sea breeze began to fade due to lack of insolation.

It's a sad little fetish but sea breezes are my thing LOL

Figured lol but it's so sad that pro mets do that when guidance is screaming SE flow. Even at BDL as you know that's not 90 in may.

You can definitely tell they rip and read MOS :lol:

Hell, that's what I did last night but then when I got home from work tonight and saw your post about it I looked at the models and saw the SE sfc flow and said...FOOK. Normally at this stage being so far out I'd say it's still possible the sfc flow could change, however, with that little system lurking around I think it's pretty much locked that we have SE winds both days and we will probably have some cloud cover to deal with as well, especially on Sunday...plus I don't think mixing will be all that great so any AM fog could take longer than normal to burn off, especially for the immediate coast.

You can definitely tell they rip and read MOS :lol:

Hell, that's what I did last night but then when I got home from work tonight and saw your post about it I looked at the models and saw the SE sfc flow and said...FOOK. Normally at this stage being so far out I'd say it's still possible the sfc flow could change, however, with that little system lurking around I think it's pretty much locked that we have SE winds both days and we will probably have some cloud cover to deal with as well, especially on Sunday...plus I don't think mixing will be all that great so any AM fog could take longer than normal to burn off, especially for the immediate coast.

I think Saturday may feature more easterly flow, so CT should be okay, but eastern Mass, forget about it lol. And yeah I think Sunday is SE all the way. On my FB wx page for my area I went:

Friday: 69-74

Saturday: 74-79

Sunday: 72-81

All coolest at the beaches. The only reason I gave the beaches a high of 72 Sunday is because insolation should be good, and we should start off mild (56-60 Sunday AM) so we should be able to eclipse 70F before the infiltration off the water begins around like 10-11AM.

Now you know why I am doing what I'm doing in life :)

Yeah it's fun forecasting around our region, especially on the shore during Spring-Early Summer and again in early winter. I go for runs down near Saybrook Point right on the water(rich and snobby people galore) and today I left my house at 5:15pm after I got home from work and it was 66F...at the beach my car thermo read 62F, sadly after the sea breeze began to fade due to lack of insolation.

It's a sad little fetish but sea breezes are my thing LOL

Forecasting for our region is the best...I absolutely love it. I love how challenging it is and how there are so many factors that need to be taken into consideration. This is why I really hope one day I can do this for a living b/c then I can devote 99% of my time towards forecasting. In a way I hate working now b/c I would much prefer to spend my time doing weather stuff. Before I moved in with my mom and two brothers when she got an apartment and I didn't have responsibilities like rent/bills I would try not to work as much, especially in the summer but I kind of have to work as much as I can now so it takes alot of time away from me for doing weather stuff so I've found myself to be really lacking there and when I do have time I just have no energy.

But that's not sad at all that is your fetish, it's incredibly interesting and only people like us here and who love weather can realize that!

I think Saturday may feature more easterly flow, so CT should be okay, but eastern Mass, forget about it lol. And yeah I think Sunday is SE all the way. On my FB wx page for my area I went:

Friday: 69-74

Saturday: 74-79

Sunday: 72-81

All coolest at the beaches. The only reason I gave the beaches a high of 72 Sunday is because insolation should be good, and we should start off mild (56-60 Sunday AM) so we should be able to eclipse 70F before the infiltration off the water begins around like 10-11AM.

Saturday is interesting b/c winds could be more from the NE than E...not that affects us much but for places in eastern MA that plays a major factor b/c if you have more NE winds you could have some locations like 76-79F but just a few miles away temps like 68-71...even if that.

Forecasting for our region is the best...I absolutely love it. I love how challenging it is and how there are so many factors that need to be taken into consideration. This is why I really hope one day I can do this for a living b/c then I can devote 99% of my time towards forecasting. In a way I hate working now b/c I would much prefer to spend my time doing weather stuff. Before I moved in with my mom and two brothers when she got an apartment and I didn't have responsibilities like rent/bills I would try not to work as much, especially in the summer but I kind of have to work as much as I can now so it takes alot of time away from me for doing weather stuff so I've found myself to be really lacking there and when I do have time I just have no energy.

But that's not sad at all that is your fetish, it's incredibly interesting and only people like us here and who love weather can realize that!

For sure! I am lucky that my college situation worked out for me thus far. Now all I have to worry about is rent and gas/insurance money for the summer and just enjoying my time when I'm not working, hopefully tracking some storms or something!

Hopefully there is another June 1 repeat, just not when I was working like last year :(

BTW- I know I commented the other day, but def take some community college classes if possible..because you're chances of getting into WCSU will go up significantly!

Saturday is interesting b/c winds could be more from the NE than E...not that affects us much but for places in eastern MA that plays a major factor b/c if you have more NE winds you could have some locations like 76-79F but just a few miles away temps like 68-71...even if that.

Yeah, the Plymouth area should be a good spot to observe. Unfortunately I work all day and will have to check in on breaks.

For sure! I am lucky that my college situation worked out for me thus far. Now all I have to worry about is rent and gas/insurance money for the summer and just enjoying my time when I'm not working, hopefully tracking some storms or something!

Hopefully there is another June 1 repeat, just not when I was working like last year :(

BTW- I know I commented the other day, but def take some community college classes if possible..because you're chances of getting into WCSU will go up significantly!

I would seriously love another June 1st repeat (of course w/o deaths or injuries...and I say that so the people that jump in and wet their pants screaming at people who wish for severe wx) but yeah...you can never expect it around here...you just hope you can get a setup like that.

I'm definitely going to go the community college route, in the end it will probably work out better b/c I can then take as many of the general ed classes there so I can take more met classes/math classes at school and could maybe graduate earlier...I would seriously like to try to do everything in 3 years but that would be a MAJOR challenge but I'll let the situation dictate that.

I would seriously love to return to LSC though and I probably could...I would just need as much help as possible from FAFSA/grants/scholarships and I think I could really get the help. When I went my first time I had no help from anyone and I didn't know about all the grants available and such...I was just completely clueless on everything. Plus I've always had my eyes set on LSC, since I was a freshman in high school. Anyways though I'm going to have to go through community college first and I don't mind that b/c being out of school so long I need to work my way in slowly and not bombard myself.

Archived