northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
SNE End of May, into Summer Thread

free_man

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not totally buying..Think we see it warm some as we get closer..Not excessive..but warmer than modelled..no cool in canada

Plenty in Canada. You don't need cool in Canada this time of year. Even if it go warmer.....so long as the front goes through, the air will be much drier. Even if ten front was stalled, clouds would be around to keep it cool. There are just so many ways for heat to bust which is what I tries to tell you. You should hope for the euro, why would you want heat?

Made it to 75 in Old Lyme two miles from the Sound before the sea breeze came through at 11:45 and knocked temps back to 68. Now sliding back into the mid-60s.

Yeah I went 74-79 for yesterday.

Got to 75 at 12pm 3 miles inland here in westbrook.

Today I went 72-78. Hope areas off the coast can get into the mid to upper 70s before the breeze kicks in.

At that hour looks like the warm front is still to our south...kind of blows.

I just picked that time frame though just to show the 700mb pattern.

Too much confluence with that low over Nova Scotia to get thunderstorms. Lots of low level cold air over the northeast even though the mid-level ridging looks favorable.

Too much confluence with that low over Nova Scotia to get thunderstorms. Lots of low level cold air over the northeast even though the mid-level ridging looks favorable.

That stuff though can be worked out over time...not saying that this wouldn't verify but I feel more comfortable with this changing over time. I would at least want to see a favborable 500/700mb pattern in place and go from there.

Tstms not your thing? Humidity got you down? Temp talks not riveting enough?

I agree. Nice, dull wx from now until Sept 1st.

Then bring the Beast on, followed by an above normal snowfall winter

Usually to get T-storm threats you need to endure a gross, hot and humid stretch....not worth it to me, especially considering where I live.

The only exciting summer weather that I look forward to is tropical activity....and I mean real tropical activity, not that premature ejac. of a fiasco we have now.

Archived