gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
March, in May........SNE finally gets its XXX winter trough

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lawns are loving this weather. I'll take lush greenery over dead brownery every day of the week. 2x on Sunday.

I'll echo this and I'm all about the twice on Sundays.

Things look to brighten some next week, so I can handle a few more days with rain & gloom potential. Speaking of gloom, pretty gray today but dry after some morning drizzle. Only just cracked 50 in the past hour and the woodstove is still warm from our overnight fire. Sounds like early May to me.

another wonderful day working in sheet drizzle, the cool droplets falling from the heaven like itsy bitsy ice crystals. Dark slate grey clouds, no sunshine, almost lifeless, this weather is absolutely incredible, hopefully tomorrow is even wetter and colder.

Come back blizzzie we miss you...............blizzie come back you can blame it all on me ........................oh blizzie

April 2012 was the windiest month at BDL since 25 months ago, back in March 2010. This April, winds averaged 9.3 MPH, while March 2010 averaged 9.5 MPH.

The most impressive stat is that 29 out of 30 days in the month saw peak winds reach at least 20 MPH. (only April 1st didn't reach 20 MPH)

The streak came to an end yesterday, after 30 days in a row. (April 2nd - May 1st)

Dating back to 2005, this was the longest such stretch. The only other string that even came close was 23 days in a row, in March 2007.

Hopefully this is a just a brief pattern break and May 20th on the drought resumes...70-80 with depoints in the 40s sounds great until about July 1st. Then mix in some occasional 90/74 with storms...sounds good!

I'm really not one for warmth. I really liked the summer of 1992. I think we had bookend heatwaves and I was only here for the one in September. No need for a drought but I could handle 72/42 with an occaisonal day in the 80s for the beach types. Gotta keep everyone happy! (yeah, like that would ever happen!)

Archived