Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March, in May........SNE finally gets its XXX winter trough

Mr Torchey

never visited DBM. never plan to. hope MRG is back by some miracle here

but i personally could give a rat's &** if i was banned from a MA forum. lol . who cares....wether perceived wrongly or not how much value is there to post on a region where your not part of . (if that had anything to do with it)

anyway still not noticing any drizzle out there now....still plenty of fresh puddles abound and my dreams for my grandfather to open the pool in late may seem to be on life support as this - NAO may settle in.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Torch talk, Temp talk, Who sees 70's or 80's which day which week who cares, If there is nothing of interest weather wise i have better things to do then spend time on the board rehashing the same stuff over and over again, Get some severe chances this spring/summer or a MECS or HECS storm in winter worth model tracking then i am all for it, Its's unfortunate if some got banned, But you can only push the envelope so far, Have to let things go

Wow, literally 65 or 82 for BDL depending on your favorite model. I still think the GFS is fishy, but man is it at odds with the euro right now. The 12z GFS looked like it did develop the low to the se which eventually backs winds more to NE for BOS, but somehow it managed to shove the WF north beforhand. Just seems weird.

Wow, literally 65 or 82 for BDL depending on your favorite model. I still think the GFS is fishy, but man is it at odds with the euro right now. The 12z GFS looked like it did develop the low to the se which eventually backs winds more to NE for BOS, but somehow it managed to shove the WF north beforhand. Just seems weird.

what day are we talking? Friday?

Also, I was the one who removed the SNE GTG thread.  It became a **** storm over the past 24h.  No need for that crap on the weather side.  I don't care who did or did not start it.  Take your personal issues with other members to PM.

Can you clean it up and put the pics back?

Media is funny. Almost 2 weeks of well below normal temps and its not a headline, but as soon as its 5-10 above normal they jump all over it. lol

A ten day departure of -4.6 at BDL is not that noteworthy. Perhaps in the context of the warm pattern of the last few years it is somewhat unusual, but we've had ten day periods at BDL averaging double digits above normal several times in the last couple of months. For example, the 3/13-22 period was +18.7, and if you widen it out to a full two weeks, BDL averaged +17.9 from 3/11-24. From April 8th through the 21st, BDL averaged +8.5, so this well below normal as you put it is little more than half the anamoly of the warmth that directly preceded it.

it does seem to drop the surface low N to S through C/W NE though...give it time and it'll probably adjust some?

Yeah that's what we were saying at work. It dropped the low n-s...farther to the west yet drove the WF into BOS? Looks like it may keep adjusting west.

all is well in sne now

cept the wx

heading out for day....by tonite i hope scooter and phil have even more insight into friday's high temps and the wf location .

i'd have to say we should each buy scooter a drink at the gtg the man should not pay for anything :)

and i also look foward to the pm running of the KFS

A ten day departure of -4.6 at BDL is not that noteworthy. Perhaps in the context of the warm pattern of the last few years it is somewhat unusual, but we've had ten day periods at BDL averaging double digits above normal several times in the last couple of months. For example, the 3/13-22 period was +18.7, and if you widen it out to a full two weeks, BDL averaged +17.9 from 3/11-24. From April 8th through the 21st, BDL averaged +8.5, so this well below normal as you put it is little more than half the anamoly of the warmth that directly preceded it.

I think it's note worthy in that it's the first time since last June that we've had a 10 day below normal stretch and it looks to extend for a couple of days. It stands out and is thus unusual or not usual for what we have been seeing.

The original premise is true though that there are some that will jump all over above normal anomolies but ignore cases of the opposite so it's a little disingenuous by them in the first place.

dear god, what happened in here today. what a drama queen fest, this is a ****ing banter thread if you dont like banter and obs dont come here, start a thread on how awesome cloudy and 50 is. You should know what you are going to get when you click on this thread, problem is most want to have there cake and eat it too.

Worked in Stamford first half of the day steady light rain, got soaked, the cold rain felt so awesome, cool ne winds................I mean it really just does not get any better in May. Hardly a drop up here Fairfield. Hopefully the next 5 months will be cloudy, unsettled and 50ish, good times ......good times.

Very uniform conditions in Maine at 1 PM, with all reporting stations cloudy and (except for Greenville at 39) all with temps 45 to 47. After yesterday's high of 41 that's almost warm. ;)

Almost every May includes at least one 3-5 day stretch of this kind of wx for NE, especially NNE. If we get some significant rain I'm okay with it; it's part of the territory. The pits are periods like the one in early April when 5 cloudy days dumped all of 0.05" at my place while local rivers were establishing new low-flow records for the season.

dear god, what happened in here today. what a drama queen fest, this is a ****ing banter thread if you dont like banter and obs dont come here, start a thread on how awesome cloudy and 50 is. You should know what you are going to get when you click on this thread, problem is most want to have there cake and eat it too.

Worked in Stamford first half of the day steady light rain, got soaked, the cold rain felt so awesome, cool ne winds................I mean it really just does not get any better in May. Hardly a drop up here Fairfield. Hopefully the next 5 months will be cloudy, unsettled and 50ish, good times ......good times.

:lol:

dear god, what happened in here today.  what a drama queen fest, this is a ****ing banter thread if you dont like banter and obs dont come here, start a thread on how awesome cloudy and 50 is.  You should know what you are going to get when you click on this thread, problem is most want to have there cake and eat it too.

True dat. Hope we return to more normal May weather by the weekend. Could be a great stretch coming up.

Archived