Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March, in May........SNE finally gets its XXX winter trough

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

April 2012 was the windiest month at BDL since 25 months ago, back in March 2010. This April, winds averaged 9.3 MPH, while March 2010 averaged 9.5 MPH.

The most impressive stat is that 29 out of 30 days in the month saw peak winds reach at least 20 MPH. (only April 1st didn't reach 20 MPH)

The streak came to an end yesterday, after 30 days in a row. (April 2nd - May 1st)

Dating back to 2005, this was the longest such stretch. The only other string that even came close was 23 days in a row, in March 2007.

Pretty impressive. The wind was driving me nuts the past month or so.

Where on the Box NWS site is historical wind data kept?

Congrats on the tag Ed.

My point and click now has mid 60s for tomorrow! Getting there.

Thanks Ryan! I think everywhere but Logan and the cape surpass 60 tomorrow.

In my forecast applications class we had to forecast for KBOS Friday and yesterday I went 55 at the airport with a stiff ESE wind...probably going to end up more like 57 or 58. Oh well lol

Is the Blizz boycotting the forum ? Did somebody not play nice?

yup

he started off the other day with a comment about how the board has changed....(meaning not as fun or not as enjoyable banter (i think) and while he was posting in a banter thread...a bunch of people said ya it has changed and no body talks about wx anymore and then the finger was pointed at him for how alot of the change perceived by some (the nonsense) is initatiated by him. i thought it was a bit "off" /misdirected since this is a banter thread and the wx has been beyond boring and so drought talk and torch talk carries the day ....but i'm not positive....i think really the lack of winter storms that SNE could enjoy since oct (LOFL) "the pattern had gotten to everyone"

point and click says 72 for TOLLAND, CT tommorrow. and also 61 for 128 belt but color me skeptical for E MA.

I think 128 will be jus about 60 but with a stiff east wind in the lower levels KBOS will probably be like 57. It's just too warm aloft to be colder than like 58-60 inland away from the water. It's almost a guarantee that 495 will be in the lower 60s

The NAM brings the warmer air into sw ct now. Still shaky about BDL getting above 70. Looks like there is some disagreement tomorrow, with models taking some heavier rain into NNE with mid level warm front.

Even 12z brought 70s to MMK. BDL is really going to be a battle ground. Safe to say areas northeast of like GON-BDL-RUT don't get above 70.

Even 12z brought 70s to MMK. BDL is really going to be a battle ground. Safe to say areas northeast of like GON-BDL-RUT don't get above 70.

Well the NAM brings a lot of the precip north, so it's possible a few breaks of sun could cause some areas of CT to hit 70+...if that happens. MCS precip is usually not modeled all too well. Will be interesting to see how it evolves.

Well the NAM brings a lot of the precip north, so it's possible a few breaks of sun could cause some areas of CT to hit 70+...if that happens. MCS precip is usually not modeled all too well. Will be interesting to see how it evolves.

I'd watch where the mid-level instability axis sets up...this is usually the area where the MCS will move although there certainly other factors.

does anyoe go to sleep around 2 am anymore?

NW VT looks to be getting dumped on as of midnite and now thru 1 am....just down pouring

the thunderstorms appear to be weakening as they go from N NY (adirondacks) into champlain valley (no shock as the airmass is cooler and less unstable east)

and the strong/severe storms that went thru syracuse are also now showing signs of weakening as they make their way toward the catskills

Archived