gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
March, in May........SNE finally gets its XXX winter trough

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a lot of people who post year round. It's just that when the wx is quiet like it normally is in the summer..things will get quiet. The wx gets a little more interesting Friday and mid week nest week.

upton talking potential severe friday afternoon post warm front passage, might get fun?

Still thinking iso thunder Friday?

upton talking potential severe friday afternoon post warm front passage, might get fun?

I'd like to see the euro further east a bit. I think the Berks and western CT...maybe you Joe could get some morning sizzle. Aftn stuff seems like it would be more in the warm sector. It's all dependent on where the complex develops tomorrow aftn and night, but that's my best guess.

I've mentioned it before, but I wish there were regional OT threads as well...open to any and all, but regional-centric

The regular OT tends to be a disaster, other than sports

jmho

Lots of folks think otherwise. I am virtually alone on this...

I can see their points as well.

I think it makes sense. Or a SNE only chat room.

God, back to the banter talk again. I haven't been in here much this month; swamped with finals.

The banter bickering has been beat around so much now that it is infuriating. It's been pretty well settled. Everyone needs to stop being so sensitive.

Anyways, made it 100 miles from the boundary today and ended up stuck at 60. LWX had me in the mid 80's.

46/45, a perfect May day, a little warm but still nice. I really like the murky days. Yawn. On the plus side my old neighbor stopped by to welcome me home and he said we'll have a "doozy of a winter" this upcoming Winter. He hasn't been wrong yet. He totally nailed this past Winter being mild back last May. Hope he keeps the streak alive.

46/45, a perfect May day, a little warm but still nice. I really like the murky days. Yawn. On the plus side my old neighbor stopped by to welcome me home and he said we'll have a "doozy of a winter" this upcoming Winter. He hasn't been wrong yet. He totally nailed this past Winter being mild back last May. Hope he keeps the streak alive.

Hey Peter, hope you had a blast I am sure that you did. I agree a touch too warm today, hopefully this -nao can really flex its muscles and we can get some really good blocking and ne flow to last the next couple weeks, looks like that may just happen.

Snow for you next week?

Hey Peter, hope you had a blast I am sure that you did. I agree a touch too warm today, hopefully this -nao can really flex its muscles and we can get some really good blocking and ne flow to last the next couple weeks, looks like that may just happen.

Snow for you next week?

Hey Joe! Yep, had a blast. I'm going to try to resize a few photos tonight and post them in the ski thread. We average .5" for May so it won't surprise me.lol I'm ready to throw myself into the golf season though maybe a trip to Tuckerman's.......... Let's get together and play a round soon. Let me know when a good time for you might be.

How was that wind farm meeting last night? Heard it got real heated.

It was pretty intense. Lasted until about 12:30 to get through the wind farm articles. They then decided to push the remainder of the town meeting until Thursday night. Zoning by-laws passed in super majority, and the year building moratorium passed unanimously. An amazing story of how somehting can tear a small town apart. I think at least one of the farmers who allowed the develloper to get some of his land is numbed at how things have played out. I got the impression from his comments at the meeting that he wished the developer had never gone near him.

I don't think it's any secret the Duvall's plan to bring wind to be 20% of Massachusetts power source is giong to be overwhelmingly tied to them covering the hills out here. So, this is an interesting situation to follow. Hats off to the lawyer who guided the developers in an end-run around the new zoning. Sneaky trick, but legal.

Hey Joe! Yep, had a blast. I'm going to try to resize a few photos tonight and post them in the ski thread. We average .5" for May so it won't surprise me.lol I'm ready to throw myself into the golf season though maybe a trip to Tuckerman's.......... Let's get together and play a round soon. Let me know when a good time for you might be.

I'm sure if we stay on him he'll be good to play by september.....

It was pretty intense. Lasted until about 12:30 to get through the wind farm articles. They then decided to push the remainder of the town meeting until Thursday night. Zoning by-laws passed in super majority, and the year building moratorium passed unanimously. An amazing story of how somehting can tear a small town apart. I think at least one of the farmers who allowed the develloper to get some of his land is numbed at how things have played out. I got the impression from his comments at the meeting that he wished the developer had never gone near him.

I don't think it's any secret the Duvall's plan to bring wind to be 20% of Massachusetts power source is giong to be overwhelmingly tied to them covering the hills out here. So, this is an interesting situation to follow. Hats off to the lawyer who guided the developers in an end-run around the new zoning. Sneaky trick, but legal.

Easily done if it was spot zoning.

I'm sure if we stay on him he'll be good to play by september.....

haha, I think Joe has the bug again. I'm totally focused on golf now that I'm back. Really psyched to hit the Ranch again. The rain and cool temps will be great for getting the courses in tip top shape. I'm supposed to play at Saratoga National in June, ever play there?

I'll be damned if I can figure out why my station is not showing up on that map anymore. It's there on wunderground.

But, it's pretty gross. Kinda foggy, 46.5/45.

Welcome back, Pete.

Thanks Mike, it's always nice to return to the Shire after adventuring. I had reports of snow here last Tuesday and Thursday. The guys at the site took a few pics (not very good but I'm sure they were too busy working to spend much time on them).

haha, I think Joe has the bug again. I'm totally focused on golf now that I'm back. Really psyched to hit the Ranch again. The rain and cool temps will be great for getting the courses in tip top shape. I'm supposed to play at Saratoga National in June, ever play there?

I hope he does, I can't wait to play with him. He might not remember but we actually spoke on the phone a few years ago, he gave me some advice when I was in one of my depressed funks I go through every year. I'm just coming out of one having figured out why my driver was all over the planet. Will be fun.

Played Portsmouth today, was drizzly and 50's but cleared up a bit by 4pm and was actually pleasant. Hopefully next week the weather gets a bit better. It's felt like fall around here lately, can't wait for a few nice mid 60's golfing days.

Course just aerated Mon so this weather should be good for growing and get them back in 2-3 weeks. They were PERFECT, but it has to be done.

Never played Saratoga but heard good things about it. Let's get on Joe and make it happen.

Mass Open qualifier in 2 weeks and I'm in trouble. Moving our house Monday, not time for practice, screwed. Pray for the putter to come alive.

I hope he does, I can't wait to play with him. He might not remember but we actually spoke on the phone a few years ago, he gave me some advice when I was in one of my depressed funks I go through every year. I'm just coming out of one having figured out why my driver was all over the planet. Will be fun.

Played Portsmouth today, was drizzly and 50's but cleared up a bit by 4pm and was actually pleasant. Hopefully next week the weather gets a bit better. It's felt like fall around here lately, can't wait for a few nice mid 60's golfing days.

Course just aerated Mon so this weather should be good for growing and get them back in 2-3 weeks. They were PERFECT, but it has to be done.

Never played Saratoga but heard good things about it. Let's get on Joe and make it happen.

Mass Open qualifier in 2 weeks and I'm in trouble. Moving our house Monday, not time for practice, screwed. Pray for the putter to come alive.

They just aerated the greens at Worthington as well. Perfect weather as you say. I joined the Men's League there this year, should be fun.

He should join the weather forum.

Archived