Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March, in May........SNE finally gets its XXX winter trough

Mr Torchey

Stoms or just rain showers?

I think a lot of it may be shwrs, but I could see some tstms roaming through CT. You know how these go..it all depends on how and when they develop...but best shot of thunder seems out in western areas and into CT as far as SNE goes.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's because the quality of the posting has diminished dramatically. the number of people who are legitimately interested in posting about the weather is down to a very select few. it used to be good discussion mixed with some good humor.

but recently it's tough to have an actual unbiased weather-related conversation going

i don't think every post should be a Tip essay but it would be nice if 50% of the posts meant something.

??

Just a bunch of stuff. People getting moody and fed up with people and leaving the board for extended periods, people leaving the board entirely, losing interest in wx after having been into it their whole lives, in some cases the banter/trolling taking on a personal tone instead of just having fun and clowning around, people getting offended, accusations..just stuff like that.

Whether it's better or worse I don't know..but it's def different. maybe the bad winter had something to do with it.

I just miss the old days when we could insert innuendo after innuendo, chuck a few dongs around, and laugh with each other.

I think a lot of it may be shwrs, but I could see some tstms roaming through CT. You know how these go..it all depends on how and when they develop...but best shot of thunder seems out in western areas and into CT as far as SNE goes.

The rain and cool temps though are good going into summer. Nice troughy look for a while then it seems we start the heating up process. I am going to get absolutely killed for this but encouraging signs for next winter for at least a normal type snow season. I almost think the 2010-2012 time frame was the start of a rubber band snap back to normalcy with the radical extremes now being muted out. Time will tell.

A few napes here and there never hurt.

yeah there's always room for napes. :lol:

i think you know what i mean though. i know that some of it is a product of quiet weather but still.

there's less and less "meteorology" behind the posts and more and more just weird verification/obs fetishes etc.

i think you know what i mean though. i know that some of it is a product of quiet weather but still.

there's less and less "meteorology" behind the posts and more and more just weird verification/obs fetishes etc.

Nice tides this weekend.

The wars between regions take much of the fun out. I'm with Phil banter threads should be banter, weather threads should be weather and there shouldn't be any middle ground.

That said I agree with Scott that there's nothing to talk about, 45 and winds off the water aren't very exciting.

The wars between regions take much of the fun out.  I'm with Phil banter threads should be banter, weather threads should be weather and there shouldn't be any middle ground.

That said I agree with Scott that there's nothing to talk about, 45 and winds off the water aren't very exciting.

This is a banter thread.

Just a bunch of stuff. People getting moody and fed up with people and leaving the board for extended periods, people leaving the board entirely, losing interest in wx after having been into it their whole lives, in some cases the banter/trolling taking on a personal tone instead of just having fun and clowning around, people getting offended, accusations..just stuff like that.

Whether it's better or worse I don't know..but it's def different. maybe the bad winter had something to do with it.

I just miss the old days when we could insert innuendo after innuendo, chuck a few dongs around, and laugh with each other.

Well some of that stuff is out of my hands, but as far as the posts go...the weenie torch crap got out of control and annoying. It's a turnoff. It's like posting actual facts gets tossed out the window and instead it's incessant torch talk with meanningless drivel to back it up. It gets annoying real quick.

For me, the silly locker room humor gets old quickly. I realize I'm probably in the minority and that's my own sensibilities so it is what it is. Endless innuendo albeit mostly innocent loses its humorous appeal quickly.

thank you

Exactly. The quality of the posts has never been worse. We've devolved into endless, mindnumbing, drivel instead of actual weather conversations.

The jokes are funny when interspersed with actual conversation. Instead we have to hear about whether 0.4" of rain verifies a 0.5" forecast. Or 3 days of a few degrees above normal now constitutes a torch.

Sadly I haven't been posting nearly as much lately because the quality of posts and posters is way down from what it was even a year ago.

Well some of that stuff is out of my hands, but as far as the posts go...the weenie torch crap got out of control and annoying. It's a turnoff. It's like posting actual facts gets tossed out the window and instead it's incessant torch talk with meanningless drivel to back it up. It gets annoying real quick.

We are kinda damned if we do, damned if we don't. When we try to reel the weenie posts in people want to know where their posts are and we get accused of overmoderating. When we lay lower in the spring it starts to get out of control and people think the board changed. I have no problem with all wx talk if that's what people want. The big issue has been the weenie posts, spinning, and the GC battles that get beyond tiresome. It's ironic that the first complainer today has started most of the issues.

Exactly. The quality of the posts has never been worse. We've devolved into endless, mindnumbing, drivel instead of actual weather conversations.

The jokes are funny when interspersed with actual conversation. Instead we have to hear about whether 0.4" of rain verifies a 0.5" forecast. Or 3 days of a few degrees above normal now constitutes a torch.

Sadly I haven't been posting nearly as much lately because the quality of posts and posters is way down from what it was even a year ago.

Lol..come on dude..that is drama queen esque. You've been postsing as much as you always do. You were away in NEw Orleans the last 5 days.

What else are we going to discuss in spring time, if we don't talk about temp and rain amounts in the wx threads? In the spring it's all we have to talk about.

ya wasn't to bright of you blizz to put the board changing post down ....opened a can of worms and doesnt help u out much.

47 and exhilerating overcast outside with a splended raw note to the breeze. This next few days of wx has me so passionate i just may jump off the tobin

Lol..come on dude..that is drama queen esque. You've been postsing as much as you always do. You were away in NEw Orleans the last 5 days.

What else are we going to discuss in spring time, if we don't talk about temp and rain amounts in the wx threads? In the spring it's all we have to talk about.

for me, that's not the issue. it's that everything has become about right / wrong or what happened / didn't happen instead of why or how.

it's pointless to post anymore. everything is taken out of context, spun, ignored or trolled.

This winter changed the dynamics of the board, while Pete in West Chesterfield, and Pow Pow freak on the Canadian border had amazing winters, it was downright depressing for everyone else, different copes for different folks

LOL "amazing winters"... if 60% of normal is amazing... 210" of a 317" average at my place of work.

Archived