wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March, in May........SNE finally gets its XXX winter trough

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. The quality of the posts has never been worse. We've devolved into endless, mindnumbing, drivel instead of actual weather conversations.

The jokes are funny when interspersed with actual conversation. Instead we have to hear about whether 0.4" of rain verifies a 0.5" forecast. Or 3 days of a few degrees above normal now constitutes a torch.

Sadly I haven't been posting nearly as much lately because the quality of posts and posters is way down from what it was even a year ago.

It is true... the actual discussion of weather has sort of been put on the back burner and instead is replaced with who's forecast is better or is it the endless summer or XXX winter.

Someone's always got an agenda when they post and we all do it at times (I'll admit to it). It just depends on how unrelentlessness that agenda is. Every spring we are in for the hottest and driest and most extreme summer of all time... and every fall we are heading for the most extreme XXX big big winter anyone ever saw.

There's no just middle of the road weather on here anymore, haha. Its always gotta be spun into the next most extreme thing.

Lol..come on dude..that is drama queen esque. You've been postsing as much as you always do. You were away in NEw Orleans the last 5 days.

What else are we going to discuss in spring time, if we don't talk about temp and rain amounts in the wx threads? In the spring it's all we have to talk about.

Ok..I get the hint from the replies. Good luck everyone.

:lol:

banter thread last i looked, Forky can post about weather in the NYC forum or a specific weather thread. The rest is all BS it is spring who cares.

ya exactly

the weather is so damn boring

that the banter thread SHOULD be an has been where the action has been.

not like its those that don't have a sense of humor lead the board in total posts so i mean how much more would they post W/OUT exciting weather anyway.

start a thread on "wed-fri glum weather disco and obs" for strict wx talk ....or lock us down in storm mode

there's less and less "meteorology" behind the posts and more and more just weird verification/obs fetishes etc.

This is also true... but I gotta think this is more a product of just one boring-azz period of weather since October 31st.

This winter really did do a number on the discussion here because folks were coming here to talk about snow... and that just wasn't an option, so it morphed into something entirely differently.

Now its spring and typically a boring time of year, but after this past winter, there's a lot of folks that are just yearning exciting weather discussion. I have no doubt that if next winter comes in as an "average" snowfall year, this board will be rocking and rolling again, because it won't be just myself and MRG/Pete posting about 4-6" fluff dustings.

This board just shows how hard it is for all of us to go through a bad winter. At the heart of it we just want to discuss snow in our backyards and if that's not possible, the discussion takes on other forms.

This also all coming after the largest group weenie session in history during the entire month of January 2011... its a big let down for a lot of folks.

Well it does look like a good ring of fire cluster of storms comes down from NY State. Fairly confident in that later Thursday Night and they could be strong. These usually ride the instability gradient so would think best chance is maybe Berks into western CT?

Media is funny. Almost 2 weeks of well below normal temps and its not a headline, but as soon as its 5-10 above normal they jump all over it. lol

Current temps holding onto the 40s and 50s. Warm front still in Ohio Valley.

Radar2.jpg

Hartford was 14 below normal with yesterdays Max Temp. eek.gif

10 Days in a row below normal High temps for them.

Temps3-1.jpg

Media is funny. Almost 2 weeks of well below normal temps and its not a headline, but as soon as its 5-10 above normal they jump all over it. lol

Radar2.jpg

Temps3-1.jpg

Of course...if it's not warming..we don't care about it. God forbid we have normal or cool weather.

and we all know from the media that all extreme weather is due lossely to the polar caps melting at an alarming rate that the baby polar bear will all drown so it's not really helping get some emotional recation out of people to propel them with enough motivation (sadness/OMG were "all gonna die" etc, to spring them into action, caring...willing to .*believing*

I agree with what a few people have mentioned - the lack of substantive posts has just as much to do with the boring weather as it does to do with who posts regularly. The regular posters haven't really changed much in the last year. Having said that though, it's pretty reliable every morning to have the following post progression or some variation from about 5am to 8am

LL: "Cobalt blue skies, the Torch goes on XXX coming any second now"

Blizz: "KFS torch incoming, dry begets dry"

MRG: "All my perenials that I planted in April 1st are completely dead and rotting now, thanks a lot everyone, still waiting for the full leaf out everyone promised me"

Doesn't bother me one bit but it's funny how reliable some variation of those 3 posts are, almost every morning.

Perhaps we should break out a separate thread to talk about the mid-long range to discuss where things are headed from a synoptic standpoint so that we at least have one thread more focused on meteorology. It's been pretty much all banter in one mega thread for the last few weeks because it's a pretty boring wx pattern overall.

Radar2.jpg

Temps3-1.jpg

Lovin' them GRearth graphics...is it worth the subscription?

And where in coastal CT do you live? Out toward LL or closer my way?

Lovin' them GRearth graphics...is it worth the subscription?

And where in coastal CT do you live? Out toward LL or closer my way?

Yes, worth it. I heard a video tutorial is coming soon so maybe when that comes out it will give a better idea what its capable of doing.

Towards Long Island about 15 min from beach but far enough in to be away from "some" urban I-95 heat. lol Can't wait to move north.

Yes, worth it. I heard a video tutorial is coming soon so maybe when that comes out it will give a better idea what its capable of doing.

Towards Long Island about 15 min from beach but far enough in to be away from "some" urban I-95 heat. lol Can't wait to move north.

Nice yeah I'm out toward KGON and go to school up here in VT for MET...whole different world up here.

What? really?  wow... what happened?  The Mid-Atlantic posters finally got what they wanted I guess... it was sort of a gang up on him but he couldn't let it go either.

He was back from AK for like 24 hours and got banned?

iDK but the DBM crew had a huge blowout over him I guess last week. Weird stuff lately around here.

Archived