Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April showers bring May Flowers? Obs, disco for April 2012

Avdave

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at possible analog days for this weekend...

Just a cursory (untrained eye) glance I found April 20, 2008 to be a match at least in terms of the cutoff over the eastern part of the country. That event had two tornadoes in Maryland according to LWX.

May 17, 2011 also featured a cutoff low at H5 in the eastern part of the country - again two tornadoes in LWX on that day.

Maybe Ian can come tell me I'm very wrong. ;)

Ended up with 0.27" in the tipping bucket yesterday, bring the monthly total to 0.57".

Congrats, only .18 here fell here since midnight yesterday. Shenandoah valley got anywhere from .45-.68. We were just to far east for the steadier rains that ran from North central Md to WV panhandle and down I 81

Congrats, only .18 here fell here since midnight yesterday. Shenandoah valley got anywhere from .45-.68. We were just to far east for the steadier rains that ran from North central Md to WV panhandle and down I 81

only 0.09 here. The drought continues with the weekend not looking nearly as impressive as the earlier model forecasts.

only 0.09 here. The drought continues with the weekend not looking nearly as impressive as the earlier model forecasts.

It seems like the winter pattern of some promising storms continue this spring. Blah. another fail for our region. thats incredible you only got .09 down there in So. Mar.

I kinda got shafted yesterday. Only 0.15" fell. Was surprised to hear the totals coming out of the Winchester area.

Archived