• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Severe Weather Thread (April 2, 2012 - April 4, 2012)

David Reimer

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What exactly do they do when a possible tornado approaches an airport? DFW is in the path of a tornado... where do they put everyone?

Usually the airports in places that are in danger of severe weather have certain locations (like the bathrooms) designated as severe weather shelters. I know MEM does, so i'm sure DFW has the same.

What exactly do they do when a possible tornado approaches an airport? DFW is in the path of a tornado... where do they put everyone?

Bathrooms (as they are marked in Denver's airport) or just generally away from windows (like during the tornado that hit STL's airport a year or two ago). Look up the YouTube videos on that STL tornado, it's crazy.

Last month I was at Houston Hobby when tornadoes hit, saw the funnel from the terminal.

They did absolutely nothing other than "airport is closed" announcements.

Have been at DFW with tornadoes and they had evacuation plans to bathrooms, interior clubs, etc.

Everyone see that video on CNN front page right now?

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2012/04/03/vo-nr-texas-tornado-trailers-wfaa.cnn

There's some trailers that get blown about right at the beginning...but then hang with it and around the 50 second mark you'll start to see a bunch of trailers going airborn. Insane!

Archived