12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So where is the backdoor now? I see most obs from the CT river west are N an NNW, NW. All NE and ENE east of there.

Looks liek its near the CT River....the temp gradient isn't like earlier though because people west of the front have radiated with clear skies.

I'm not obsessed, I just want some NORMAL temps for once, 45-50 won't bother me because that is NORMAL for this time of year, not 70 like we have had in the past few days.

LOL are you like LL is now through September, just in the winter?? I'm all for it, when appropriate, but its 3/14, not 1/14 bro. Spring is coming.

"Oh my goodness guys, its 21F here on LI!! Beautiful day to go ice skating and skiing on non existant entities here on the west end!!"

Get out and enjoy it!!!

LOL are you like LL is now through September, just in the winter?? I'm all for it, when appropriate, but its 3/14, not 1/14 bro. Spring is coming.

"Oh my goodness guys, its 21F here on LI!! Beautiful day to go ice skating and skiing on non existant entities here on the west end!!"

Get out and enjoy it!!!

That was hilarious!!

:lol: :lol:

Nah, I just dont like it when I have a 70 degree day when I am supposed to be around 48 degrees as a normal high.

That was hilarious!!

Nah, I just dont like it when I have a 70 degree day when I am supposed to be around 48 degrees as a normal high.

Eh, if its not gonna snow, I'd rather have 70F than this garbage....38.7F currently with overcast skies and a brisk east wind.

That was hilarious!!

I'm just playin' bro..yeah I'm originally from southern CT, and I love winterr, and if I got totured like you did down that way this winter, I'd beg for average too...but when 70s come a knockin' I'm all for it, especially with the sea breeze fetish I have lol

Yea, it was really bad this year, this is the worst year that I can ever remember, I only got 5.3" all winter.

Damn yeah that's tough. Back at my house (I'm in VT for school) they got 18" on the year, 5" of which came in October and 8" that came on 1/21. It was rough.

But I see you're a Jets fan, so you're alright in my book!!!

Damn yeah that's tough. Back at my house (I'm in VT for school) they got 18" on the year, 5" of which came in October and 8" that came on 1/21. It was rough.

But I see you're a Jets fan, so you're alright in my book!!!

Im just hoping that next year is better, it really cannot get much worse that this year was.

even 2001-02 was better than this.

Im a triple loser, Mets fan, Jets fan, and Islanders fan.

Im just hoping that next year is better, it really cannot get much worse that this year was.

even 2001-02 was better than this.

Im a triple loser, Mets fan, Jets fan, and Islanders fan.

Yeah that IS rough. Atleast I got the Sox kinda going for me lol but I wonder what futility is down that way...I take it that you're close to Farmingdale Airport, I'm curious.

They usually do a bit better than JFK because they are farther inland on the island, but I'm not too familiar with western LI climo. If you only saw 5.3" all year, thats gotta be close to futility.

Nope, my neighbor has been keeping Wx stats for 32 years and he told me that fulility was at 4.6". If October had no snow I'd have the record.

The biggest monster anomaly in our lifetime duration * intensity * area (and this biyotch roars)

= shattering anything I have witnessed

Someone find me some stats on SFC Tanom hrs sq miles

This Morch has got to be one STD above... it's just sick

March 1945 was pretty off the charts in terms of duration x intensity x area. Probably would be the one to compare to.

The biggest monster anomaly in our lifetime duration * intensity * area (and this biyotch roars)

= shattering anything I have witnessed

Someone find me some stats on SFC Tanom hrs sq miles

This Morch has got to be one STD above... it's just sick

Although I would prefer it to still be winter, the core reason I follow weather is to marvel at the extremes, so I'll enjoy this for what it is.

March 1945 was pretty off the charts in terms of duration x intensity x area. Probably would be the one to compare to.

Both 1945 and 1946....it will be tough to eclipse them, but it might be possible if we can hang onto decent positive departures into the final week of March.

Both 1945 and 1946....it will be tough to eclipse them, but it might be possible if we can hang onto decent positive departures into the final week of March.

Quickly browsing through climate data for several northeast metro areas, it seems top 3 March years were 1945, 1946, and 1921:

A warm 1946 March literally planted the seed that bright me to this world round 9 months later. My father was honor oy discharged from the army after WW2 on 2/26/46. I was born 9 months. And 2 days later.

Quickly browsing through climate data for several northeast metro areas, it seems top 3 March years were 1945, 1946, and 1921:

And just out of boredom, total KBOS snowfall those years:

1944-45: 59.2"

1945-46: 50.8"

1920-21: 34.1"

Needless to say, this year carries an unusual share of anomalies.

And just out of boredom, total KBOS snowfall those years:

1944-45: 59.2"

1945-46: 50.8"

1920-21: 34.1"

Needless to say, this year carries an unusual share of anomalies.

The one thing that sucked about this winter was there weren't many storm chances...the pattern was just dead and quietly boring.

Some of the posts in that forum are so outrageous. Ice will melt by 2015, rivers were frozen solid every winter in Southern Ontario 50 years ago, etc. Ugh. :axe: It's gotten even worse now after this past Winter since apparently this was the first mild Winter in the last 500 years. I'm getting scared.

Outrageous isnt the word lol. I love when increasing snow in the southern Great Lakes is brought up because its a lose-lose for some, if they take the "increased snowfall is a part of increasing moisture due to warming" route, it deems their childood winter memories as false, and vice versa. But I looked up warmest winters for Detroit and Chicago, which date to the early 1870s, and 75% of them for both cities are PRE-1960, most of them PRE-1932!!! I would LOVE for some insight in New Englands warmest winters (assuming Boston would be a good place, obviously you want someplace with records to at least the 1880s).

Archived