Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread

Typhoon Tip

Ok to each their own

Well it's not a guarantee, but CNE and NNE still average a good several inches or more from here on out so yeah I feel pretty good for at least that area. If I'm wrong then it was probably because we could not get moisture into this region. I expect mid to perhaps late April to be warm again. May might be up in the air.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was that forecast that showed the coast touching 70 and Steve was laughing it up saying not a chance in the world? Well, it did yesterday.

I agree, normal to slightly above normal returns for the beginning of April, with another torch perhaps setting up around April 7 or so.

Because you never had a seabreeze.

Since the torch began on the 7th, daily highs...............

orh......56,64,57,35,54,68,69,61

bdl........60,68,59,43,60,74,72,67

bos.......62,68,61,40,58,71,71,57

Feels awesome out there today, cool and refreshing a nice little break before the warmth returns saturday.

I just want the cold back to stop the blathering on about 'torch' this and 'torch' that. My god. Hey, can you get me back into OT? If I'm forced to stay in here through the wretched warm season I may lose it.

You are going to hate it here next week...watch us all celebrate days and days of 75+

Well it's not a guarantee, but CNE and NNE still average a good several inches or more from here on out so yeah I feel pretty good for at least that area. If I'm wrong then it was probably because we could not get moisture into this region. I expect mid to perhaps late April to be warm again. May might be up in the air.

I just think there alot of folks like MRG for example who are thinking we are going to have some type of cold wintry pattern return for the first 2 weeks of April with mulitple snow chances. The folks that think that are going to be disappointed.

I just think there alot of folks like MRG for example who are thinking we are going to have some type of cold wintry pattern return for the first 2 weeks of April with mulitple snow chances. The folks that think that are going to be disappointed.

Well I certainly would not "expect" it per se, but I think the scale starts to tip in their favor later this month. Spring is the time of year where you can get a 32F blue snow cone and then be 55-60 the next day. I think people are getting confused in thinking highs will be consistently in the 30s when it does cool down. Nobody is saying that at all. But, it really should not be a stretch to think those in the high terrain can't get snow. I'm not sure why that is so hard to understand.

Well I certainly would not "expect" it per se, but I think the scale starts to tip in their favor later this month. Spring is the time of year where you can get a 32F blue snow cone and then be 55-60 the next day. I think people are getting confused in thinking highs will be consistently in the 30s when it does cool down. Nobody is saying that at all. But, it really should not be a stretch to think those in the high terrain can't get snow. I'm not sure why that is so hard to understand.

Because it's not a cold pattern..It's a normal to above normal pattern. If it looked like we were going to have cold shots..then this would have more legs

Because it's not a cold pattern..It's a normal to above normal pattern. If it looked like we were going to have cold shots..then this would have more legs

It doesn't have to be an overall cold pattern for days and days. You can have a brief shot for a couple of days and that's all you need. Many of our storms had temps in the 60s and 70s a day or two prior.

Big if. The front has pushed all the way to Philly now...our only hope is that dry air comes in behind the front especially since it's pushed alot further south than progged...

http://www.meteo.psu.../recentvis.html

If you look at the viz..you can see breaks already working their way down into NW Ct and Western Mass..It's not going to be a sunny day,,but the sun should come out partially later morning time into afternoon

Today is kind of interesting. It looks like drier air is being brought down from Maine on NE winds. However, the best moisture pooling is closer to CT and down by NYC. :sun: :sun: :sun:

I wonder if cigs might actually break up first near BOS and points NE.

yeah we've got breaks in the OVC here.

cold regardless but some sun now and then.

Big if. The front has pushed all the way to Philly now...our only hope is that dry air comes in behind the front especially since it's pushed alot further south than progged...

http://www.meteo.psu.../recentvis.html

Yeah I think we are screwed as well because WAA is causing mid level clouds to move from nw to se. I don't see any breaks right now on satellite except up in Maine.

Archived