e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IJD is a pit..It's the beginning of the hideous SE CT snowhole. I hate going down there

That's how I feel about all of CT.

His hair would deflect any outfall anyways.

Better get ready to launch because there's going to be a major elevation event before long.

Not sure he roles like that.

Lashing out again. Your Climo has clearly gotten the better of you.

That's how I feel about all of CT.

Better get ready to launch because there's going to be a major elevation event before long.

Lashing out again. Your Climo has clearly gotten the better of you.

Now that you are banned from OT...you have the sense of humor as Trixie.

I was more impressed with the dandelions I have seen the last two days, I never recall seeing them in mid march...........ever.

Those fruit trees (apples, cherries, pears) don't usually bloom until early April in Dobbs Ferry....I think I can recall some years when they were out in late March, but certainly not by the 14th which is still generally winter territory. I did a "Signs of Spring" walk with my meteorology workshop (elementary students) today, and we noticed daffodils and crocus pushing up shoots, green grass on the south side of buildings, and buds on certain trees and shrubs. Just unreal for the Monadnocks in mid-March.

The 18z GFS was an absolute inferno for Wednesday and Thursday of next week. 13-14C 850s here Wednesday and 12C 850s Thursday with WSW winds at 10m. Just unreal. Here were the maps:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

That's not good bro

Its not if we are looking at some hard freeze's down this way, but to be honest ginx, I just dont see that right now, seems like the euro keeps delaying the "pattern change" next week is an absolute inferno. I think down here we may end up being safe, of course cooler weather will arrive, I think real cold and snow chances including multiple hard freezes will be confined to areas that are not sporting the spring-out like the cp is seeing right now.

Its not if we are looking at some hard freeze's down this way, but to be honest ginx, I just dont see that right now, seems like the euro keeps delaying the "pattern change" next week is an absolute inferno. I think down here we may end up being safe, of course cooler weather will arrive, I think real cold and snow chances including multiple hard freezes will be confined to areas that are not sporting the spring-out like the cp is seeing right now.

All it takes is one clear calm radiation night with 20 s, seen it before with Apple trees, long way to last freeze date.

Just remember, we had a hard frost in Dobbs Ferry on 5/10/2010 after a blowtorch spring. There's still quite a bit of time left that could produce sub-freezing temperatures in SW CT, although I'll admit that the long-range is looking very mild. It's really getting dangerous up here though...lots of buds forming on small trees/shrubs, and we'll definitely see some nights in the 20s. We're greening up much too fast for this climate, and it should accelerate in the next week with the Tuesday/Wednesday torch coming.

Just remember, we had a hard frost in Dobbs Ferry on 5/10/2010 after a blowtorch spring. There's still quite a bit of time left that could produce sub-freezing temperatures in SW CT, although I'll admit that the long-range is looking very mild. It's really getting dangerous up here though...lots of buds forming on small trees/shrubs, and we'll definitely see some nights in the 20s. We're greening up much too fast for this climate, and it should accelerate in the next week with the Tuesday/Wednesday torch coming.

Oh how I remember that, you guys busted my balls in April saying no way would there be a freeze in May. It's a long time to last freeze especially up in Rindge. False Springs are not good.

Archived