Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky looks weird...low clouds overhead but can see where it ends to the west...its very bright off to the west and overhead and east its grey overcast

Wow, no snow in Winter and then perpetual mank once the mild weather comes in. It's no wonder Scooter has been lashing out at people lately.

Could be tough to get this front back east once it settles out near the Hudson valley.

I think he believes he is protected from BD fronts in March. It's possible those cold tucks that allow people like me to drop below freezing while he is 34 and melting snow would cause him to think that. .

ACK actually averages more than GON...prob about 5" more. The old airport when they used to measure averaged 29"

Wow! I'm surprised. We really only get snow when a low passes far enough offshore, as I'm sure you know. Even when cold air wraps in from the WSW, it will turn to snow at LI but it moderates over the warmer water and we hold on to rain till the last second. Usually no moisture at that point.

I think he believes he is protected from BD fronts in March. It's possible those cold tucks that allow people like me to drop below freezing while he is 34 and melting snow would cause him to think that. .

It will be interesting to see how much sun we can break out tomorrow....with the east flow it might be tough to get rid of the low clouds. Its a nasty setup for here usually...light upslope flow often keeps the clouds just rotting.

Unfortunately the Norwich coop records are very poor for snowfall so we can't use it....the nearest site that looks to have decent data is Colchester but they discontinued that site in 1973...but it did have a long record going back to the late 1800s...they averaged about 43" of snow during that period....but we should keep in mind their elevation was about 500 feet. So probably in the lower elevations around 100-200 feet the average was in the upper 30s.

I've always thought Willimantic was a pretty bad spot for snow. There's a weird drop off in snow south of here and I've never really figured it out. My 27 year average is 57.4" but I know that just down the road at Storrs or Coventry it's much less even though both sites are close to 500'.

SE CT is just a snow hole in my opinion.

I've always thought Willimantic was a pretty bad spot for snow. There's a weird drop off in snow south of here and I've never really figured it out. My 27 year average is 57.4" but I know that just down the road at Storrs or Coventry it's much less even though both sites are close to 500'.

SE CT is just a snow hole in my opinion.

IJD is a pit..It's the beginning of the hideous SE CT snowhole. I hate going down there

It will be interesting to see how much sun we can break out tomorrow....with the east flow it might be tough to get rid of the low clouds. Its a nasty setup for here usually...light upslope flow often keeps the clouds just rotting.

I haven't look too hard at soundings or anything, but it seems like a stubborn pattern coming up. I see the NAM tries to break up the clouds so maybe you get some binovc..but yeah it could be cloudy most of the day.

Sunny and 60 tomorrow after maybe some morning clouds.

Friday is the only really bad day here..if you consider 55 and mostly cloudy bad in march

Then Saturday is sunny and 70ish

If the sun comes out..maybe. Hopefully with those NE winds downsloping off ORH and Union CT..it happens.

Archived