e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not if we are looking at some hard freeze's down this way, but to be honest ginx, I just dont see that right now, seems like the euro keeps delaying the "pattern change" next week is an absolute inferno. I think down here we may end up being safe, of course cooler weather will arrive, I think real cold and snow chances including multiple hard freezes will be confined to areas that are not sporting the spring-out like the cp is seeing right now.

in the end, there will be no pattern change...how many times have we see the alleged pattern change this season. We may get to 30 or 31 one or two nights, but in essence, we're done early this year. Lawn mowers out by 4/1 this year. I can see the lawns greening up by the day....

Guys, we will definitely have freezes. C'mon..lol. Man between full leaf out on April 1st and us being done with freezes..no wonder why I lash out.

Relax dude, enjoy the TORCH. (except for today-sorry about that--our turn tomorrow...I bet we bust quite low on temps here-upton has 50, no way)

Oh how I remember that, you guys busted my balls in April saying no way would there be a freeze in May. It's a long time to last freeze especially up in Rindge. False Springs are not good.

You schooled me on that. Dobbs Ferry hit 32F on 5/10/2010, much to my surprise. It's easy for there to be a pattern change well beyond when the models can see that will produce frosts/freezes down to NYC. I could see there not being any more temperatures in the 20s for people right outside NYC, however, and that's what it probably takes to kill most species.

in the end, there will be no pattern change...how many times have we see the alleged pattern change this season. We may get to 30 or 31 one or two nights, but in essence, we're done early this year. Lawn mowers out by 4/1 this year. I can see the lawns greening up by the day....

In a beer betting mode, you on?

Relax dude, enjoy the TORCH. (except for today-sorry about that--our turn tomorrow...I bet we bust quite low on temps here-upton has 50, no way)

It's hard to relax when weenie-ism runs rampant. Of course it's extremely mild, but this anomalous wx will not last forever. We'll be back to near normal by the end of the month and I'm sure some very chilly days as we start April. We'll have mild days too, but lets not go overboard with you guys bringing leaf out talk in two weeks.

LOL

you guys are a riot

WTF said there would be no freezes, your like whiney little bitches, your read something and turn it totally around into something its not, its laughable.

April 2011 did not feature a single low temp of 32 or below at bdr.

Its nice being in the tropics.........enjoy that back door front.

You schooled me on that. Dobbs Ferry hit 32F on 5/10/2010, much to my surprise. It's easy for there to be a pattern change well beyond when the models can see that will produce frosts/freezes down to NYC. I could see there not being any more temperatures in the 20s for people right outside NYC, however, and that's what it probably takes to kill most species.

Could be, next full moon should be a cold one. One thing to keep in mind, dry soil radiates very well.

LOL

you guys are a riot

WTF said there would be no freezes, your like whiney little bitches, your read something and turn it totally around into something its not, its laughable.

Yet we had frosts in early June last year.

LOL

you guys are a riot

White Plains is still at 57F with NW winds, Scarsdale is still at 60.7. Unreal for 8pm in mid March.

Guys, we will definitely have freezes. C'mon..lol. Man between full leaf out on April 1st and us being done with freezes..no wonder why I lash out.

You admit it. Comparing me to Trixie is just a low blow. You should apologize for such hurtful words.

People have gone mad.

False Spring Fever or FSF.

LOL

you guys are a riot

Wait BDR? Thought that did not represent you?

This is how things are going to go...

When we go get out of this well above-average pattern we are going to see a severe threat

Then we will go into a below-average pattern which will last for 2-3 weeks with the potential for an accumulating snow event or two

We will go through another period of more average type weather

Then as we get into June we see another above-average pattern with lots of severe threats and that lasts through the second week of July.

Sure it is, we're done with sub 32's here....

LOL

you guys are a riot

This is how things are going to go...

When we go get out of this well above-average pattern we are going to see a severe threat

Then we will go into a below-average pattern which will last for 2-3 weeks with the potential for an accumulating snow event or two

We will go through another period of more average type weather

Then as we get into June we see another above-average pattern with lots of severe threats and that lasts through the second week of July.

Wet dreaming again?

You admit it. Comparing me to Trixie is just a low blow. You should apologize for such hurtful words.

False Spring Fever or FSF.

I'm pretty objective..I know Will, Ryan, Phil, Brian etc are as well. It's easy for people to think we are full steam ahead with Spring, but they have another thing coming if they think we will avg +10 from now through June. My gut says April will be above normal too, but probably more of a yo-yo in terms of cold nasty days and warmer days. I still don't see why you guys can't squeeze out more snow. Some of our warmest Springs ever features late season snow.

I'm pretty objective..I know Will, Ryan, Phil, Brian etc are as well. It's easy for people to think we are full steam ahead with Spring, but they have another thing coming if they think we will avg +10 from now through June. My gut says April will be above normal too, but probably more of a yo-yo in terms of cold nasty days and warmer days. I still don't see why you guys can't squeeze out more snow. Some of our warmest Springs ever features late season snow.

LOL

you guys are a riot

Nearest first order station for me is LGA, and even there the 50% freeze probability is April 1st, so I'd guess everywhere in CT gets at least one more shot at 32 or below. At BDR, the earliest start to the freeze free season was March 21, 1949 followed by a bunch of March 22s (1953, 1954, and 2005). The latest was May 11, 1966. The average date over BDR's 63 years is April 12th with a median date of April 9th.

I'm quite sure it will snow some more this season. I'm just hoping I'm here when it happens. I'm not talking a slushy couple inches, I see a major elevation bomb. To much atmospheric dynamite around waiting to go off.

Archived