• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread

Typhoon Tip

Outrageous isnt the word lol. I love when increasing snow in the southern Great Lakes is brought up because its a lose-lose for some, if they take the "increased snowfall is a part of increasing moisture due to warming" route, it deems their childood winter memories as false, and vice versa. But I looked up warmest winters for Detroit and Chicago, which date to the early 1870s, and 75% of them for both cities are PRE-1960, most of them PRE-1932!!! I would LOVE for some insight in New Englands warmest winters (assuming Boston would be a good place, obviously you want someplace with records to at least the 1880s).

Boston's warmest winters have been

2001-2002 37.8

2011-2012 37.2

1932-1933 36.6

1931-1932 35.4

1990-1991 35.4

1912-1913 35.2

1936-1937 35.2

1948-1949 35.1

1952-1953 35.1

1974-1975 34.9

1996-1997 34.8

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL

you guys are a riot

WTF said there would be no freezes, your like whiney little bitches, your read something and turn it totally around into something its not, its laughable.

April 2011 did not feature a single low temp of 32 or below at bdr.

Its nice being in the tropics.........enjoy that back door front.

:weenie:

Is it April 2011? No. Its March 2012. Thats like saying did the redsox have any wins in their first 6 games in April 2011? So they're gonna start 0-6 again?

The idoicracy is back! What a :weenie: ! And nobody sees it but me, Phil and Scott!

Its not if we are looking at some hard freeze's down this way, but to be honest ginx, I just dont see that right now, seems like the euro keeps delaying the "pattern change" next week is an absolute inferno. I think down here we may end up being safe, of course cooler weather will arrive, I think real cold and snow chances including multiple hard freezes will be confined to areas that are not sporting the spring-out like the cp is seeing right now.

You seriously have to be joking!

:weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

Yeah I'm sure BOX will throw up a hard freeze warning to idiots that planted stuff in March.

:weenie:

Is it April 2011? No. Its March 2012. Thats like saying did the redsox have any wins in their first 6 games in April 2011? So they're gonna start 0-6 again?

The idoicracy is back! What a :weenie: ! And nobody sees it but me, Phil and Scott!

No, actually it's not at all. Don't you have school in the morning?

was a chilly 42 here in wakefield, ma for a high ....at least a high post noon

heading up to jackson/glen , nh tommorrow for some spring skiing at attitash friday....they had a supringly cool day up there and should tomo....so snowpack should still be decent ...esp w. north facing slopes.....

but stowe may be toast by the time i get to it in a bit over a week

Good progress on getting the frost out of the ground here. Mostly gone in full sun areas...shaded areas still somewhat frozen underneath.

But a little frosty now at 27F. Brilliant star filled night...clear.

High of 70 at BDR on the Connecticut Coast, shattering the old record of 64, absolutely destroying it.

44 overcast at 241 am, another ridiculously warm well above normal night.

Still looks like we're on pace for around the 25th one way or another though...

I just want the cold back to stop the blathering on about 'torch' this and 'torch' that. My god. Hey, can you get me back into OT? If I'm forced to stay in here through the wretched warm season I may lose it.

I just dont' see where you are getting thisw cold pattern coming back. Nothing shows that

You don't listen. Nobody said way below normal. But these obscene departures are done with more normal late March and early April wx. That usually consists of heavy heavy temp swings too.

You don't listen. Nobody said way below normal. But these obscene departures are done with more normal late March and early April wx. That usually consists of heavy heavy temp swings too.

No normal means just that. Normal highs and lows, if you want a remote chance of snow you need a below normal pattern . You guys are misleading people like Mrg who thinks winter is coming back

No normal means just that. Normal highs and lows, if you want a remote chance of snow you need a below normal pattern . You guys are misleading people like Mrg who thinks winter is coming back

A normal high of 50 will produce snow for the high interior if you have a low going underneath you. You don't need a way below normal pattern. I feel pretty good about late March and early April for a last shot at some wintry wx in New England.

What was that forecast that showed the coast touching 70 and Steve was laughing it up saying not a chance in the world? Well, it did yesterday.

I agree, normal to slightly above normal returns for the beginning of April, with another torch perhaps setting up around April 7 or so.

Archived