• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

The GFS thermal profile (as in 800-875 mb) was too warm here until the last run or two before the storm - when it corrected pretty good.

I think this is gonna go in the books at 11 inches here.... The persistent light snow hangs on and 30.7F here. I only gained a couple more inches today with 32-33 temps and the sun angle.

Looks like that band comes in tomorrow night here as snow/.sleet ...quick hit and that goes by and we are down to drizzle etc. until the fropa Saturday midday.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am surprised you aren't getting heavier snow...looks like a nice enhanced band north of CON...but maybe it misses you just to the south? Would seem like Boscawen and Canterbury would be getting dumped on

It's a better band, but nothing exceptional. The snow growth is nothing like those death bands we have had previously, but it's not grains or needles either. We're only talking 20dBZ stuff here. Visibilities at the Canterbury and Sanbornton RWIS sites are running around 3/4SM. It's accumulating a few tenths per hour right now. Up to 8.6". There may be higher totals as you work well to the SW since Cheshire and Hillsborough Counties got into the heavy snowfall for part 1. You and I didn't get much from that...generally 1-1.5". I don't think Scott at Weirs had much of anything from that portion of the system.

I'm heading onto my 30th straight hour of snow so I can't complain. It looks like mid-winter out there with the powder blowing around with temps near 20F.

It's a better band, but nothing exceptional. The snow growth is nothing like those death bands we have had previously, but it's not grains or needles either. We're only talking 20dBZ stuff here. Visibilities at the Canterbury and Sanbornton RWIS sites are running around 3/4SM. It's accumulating a few tenths per hour right now. Up to 8.6". There may be higher totals as you work well to the SW since Cheshire and Hillsborough Counties got into the heavy snowfall for part 1. You and I didn't get much from that...generally 1-1.5". I don't think Scott at Weirs had much of anything from that portion of the system.

I'm heading onto my 30th straight hour of snow so I can't complain. It looks like mid-winter out there with the powder blowing around with temps near 20F.

not fookin boring bro, Congrats Dendrite!

Nice--I guess your thermometer's off. :)

Haha yeah that thing hasn't even been close all winter. Its usually a solid 10-20F too warm, lol. Just wait till spring on a sunny day when its actually like 45F out but that thing says 82F. I'm not sure why they even leave it on there.

10-14 days..that is wiped clean

LOL ok. I doubt it, but that's just me. It'll melt eventually anyway, I've just been enjoying all the snow over the past week. Snowiest stretch of the winter by far... though we've had solid snow cover since before Christmas so it will be quite the sight when the grass finally does show itself after 2-3 months.

Snowing now. Have a business dinner in Newton and then home. I'm mailing it in and I sincrely hope we don't get enough to hit 9 inches which means it has to stop soon. It is starting to whiten things again at JP. You can't win...

Wasn't sticking when I left bmc but it started to show up on cars once I got to about tremont st. all covered up at home now in jp

LOL ok. I doubt it, but that's just me. It'll melt eventually anyway, I've just been enjoying all the snow over the past week. Snowiest stretch of the winter by far... though we've had solid snow cover since before Christmas so it will be quite the sight when the grass finally does show itself after 2-3 months.

With the upcoming pattern change, there'll probably good spring skiing through atleast St. Patty's day...after that it'll get tough, even up here.

Days where its 70F in CT, and even 60F at BTV, it only gets to 45-50F on the east side of the greens. No way you eliminate 41"+ in 2 weeks when only a few days will be that warm up here.

I'm talking about valley locales..Not the mtns.. I think most of that is gone by MArch 15th.Steve is upset cuz he'll be skiing in tubes and tanks on his ski vaca..with no natural snow falling..One positive is he'll have nice tan lines

I think this warm 10-14 day stretch is gonna be interrupted by a few transient shots of modified arctic air that at least gets to Stowe for a day or two at a time and blunts their melting. I don't buy models that have us mild end to end during that period. Hope the MJO gets back over to 8-1-2 after the 15th....

Days where its 70F in CT, and even 60F at BTV, it only gets to 45-50F on the east side of the greens. No way you eliminate 41"+ in 2 weeks when only a few days will be that warm up here.

I'm talking about valley locales..Not the mtns.. I think most of that is gone by MArch 15th.Steve is upset cuz he'll be skiing in tubes and tanks on his ski vaca..with no natural snow falling..One positive is he'll have nice tan lines

Agreed, actually. After this storm wraps up, the CT river valley will have 8-12" on the ground, with valley locales in the greens closer to 20". I deff think there'll be just banks left here in 2 weeks and probably 4-8" near the greens...BTV will be bare again in 2 days.

Archived