Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not true

The Euro sucked. I'm trying to shovel out from the 6 inches + they gave me but the shovel broke. GFS had this at least for MBY from the beginning. They were right in the warmer appeal. Euro shat the bed. It had BOS and the Pike in the jackpot for the whole time. In the end, GFS was more correct in targeting NNE.

The Euro sucked. I'm trying to shovel out from the 6 inches + they gave me but the shovel broke. GFS had this at least for MBY from the beginning. They were right in the warmer appeal. Euro shat the bed. It had BOS and the Pike in the jackpot for the whole time. In the end, GFS was more correct in targeting NNE.

I don't agree..Round 1 the Euro nailed to a T..You were never supposed to do well with round 1 which the Euro had correct.

Euro always targeted western SNE with round 1.

Round 2 the Euro didn;t do so hot..but to say the GFS was better for the whole event is wrong

I don't agree..Round 1 the Euro nailed to a T..You were never supposed to do well with round 1 which the Euro had correct.

Round 2 the Euro didn;t do so hot..but to say the GFS was better for the whole event is wrong

The GFS was right with Rd 1, what do you mean? I just looked today.

Interesting train ride home today... It was raining when I left the JFK/Umass station at 3:30... When I arrived at Porter Square it was snowing lightly but not accumulating. As we headed west there was only a coating in Belmont and by the time we got to Concord, there is 3-4 inches of heavy, dense, crusty snow on the ground. It is currently snowing moderately. Maybe we can hit 6"? I am sure if I had used proper measuring methods I would already have about 5.5" or so.

For days the thermal profile on the GFS had me getting little to no snow with round 1..Then it finally caught on..after it had me as rain or little snow for days. I don't understand how folks won';t admit that

It was fine for round 1. I think it pinged you at the end, but it did just fine imo, especially if you figured it was a bit too warm in the mid levels.

Euro was an absolute disaster with rd one and rd two.............it gave me frozen every single run, and the day before gave me almost .5 all frozen.

It completely failed on round 2 as the precip last night stayed well south, it showed the convection to the south over sne, it was a complete and total failure, gfs always had the thump for interior ct, it was spot on here.

End of story

Snowing now. Have a business dinner in Newton and then home. I'm mailing it in and I sincrely hope we don't get enough to hit 9 inches which means it has to stop soon. It is starting to whiten things again at JP. You can't win...

Still rasn here. Front just west. I'm not sure they'll get 0.4"

Snowing now. Have a business dinner in Newton and then home. I'm mailing it in and I sincrely hope we don't get enough to hit 9 inches which means it has to stop soon. It is starting to whiten things again at JP. You can't win...

Futility fails Jerry. Tis the season to f us in every way possible.

I worked from home most of the day today, then had a call out in Farmington at Miss Porters School.Amazing difference. 5 inches OTG here with trees still caked in ice with no melting. Once you get down to 700 feet..no ice on trees but still snowcovered..I went down the hill on 84 into Vernon and there is no snow OTG all thru East hartford, HFD and West Hartford. As soon as I hit Farmington line ..snowcover again.

Snow is now sticking to pavement here at home..Snowing at a nice clip..looks like we may pick up an inch o 2 if lucky tonight

Trying to relive the glory days af March, are we?

blizzard_1888n.jpg

http://www.islandnet.com/~see/weather/graphics/photos0708/blizzard_1888n.jpg

http://wintercenter.homestead.com/photo1888e.html

Archived