• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

No actually that is how I prefer it. Warm sun reflecting off of the snow. I imagine you have never been. The groomed surfaces remain firm all morning, afternoons are spent on the deck popping cold ones and soaking up the sun. there is a reason i ski in March, just one of many.

I skied Vail, Breckenridge and Aspen in 60 degree wx. It wasn't fun sweating and skiing. It should be cold and snowy..to each their own

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a better band, but nothing exceptional. The snow growth is nothing like those death bands we have had previously, but it's not grains or needles either. We're only talking 20dBZ stuff here. Visibilities at the Canterbury and Sanbornton RWIS sites are running around 3/4SM. It's accumulating a few tenths per hour right now. Up to 8.6". There may be higher totals as you work well to the SW since Cheshire and Hillsborough Counties got into the heavy snowfall for part 1. You and I didn't get much from that...generally 1-1.5". I don't think Scott at Weirs had much of anything from that portion of the system.

I'm heading onto my 30th straight hour of snow so I can't complain. It looks like mid-winter out there with the powder blowing around with temps near 20F.

I'm really missing it but I can't say I'm not happy at the prospect of coming back on the 10th to spring emerging early. I'm ready to get the peas and greens in the ground lol.

By the looks of the radar you guys are about done unless that stuff in VT and NY comes through....but I've seen that stuff die by itself most of the time. There was a report near Henniker I think that was pretty high from this morning...close to a foot already I think. Our snow stick said 10 inches a few hours ago but that included probably an inch that was left from the other day. Enjoy!

So.. how.much did I get at home? I just played 27 holes in 70 degree weather!!

Snow isn't even on my.mind right now, but I wanna know

Can't answer your accumulation question, butttt I was just in Florida and boy was it nice! Came back here and legit wanted to jump off a bridge due to the change in wx! :yikes:

Enjoy it down there! Typical springtime 50F-60F and cloudy awaits you for late March and early April!

I skied Vail, Breckenridge and Aspen  in 60 degree wx. It wasn't fun sweating and skiing. It should be cold and snowy..to each their own

No jacket, no gloves, bright sun, bluebird skies, ru kidding me. Its another world up there anyway, 40s- 50s at most. I bet they see little rain Sat. Your 60s Sat is long gone in fact I bet you get pelted for a while.

No jacket, no gloves, bright sun, bluebird skies, ru kidding me. Its another world up there anyway, 40s- 50s at most. I bet they see little rain Sat. Your 60s Sat is long gone in fact I bet you get pelted for a while.

I'm talking about the timeframe starting late next week thru about MArch 15-16. it looks like a well, well above normal pattern well up into Eastern Canada.

I skied out there in a tshirt a couple days and I hated it. To me skiing should be done in cold, wintry conditions.I got so sunburned and sweaty and it was miserable

I also skied Whistler another year and that was phenomenal

Nice to see the trails open in GC where they take bodies and drag them into the woods.

Nope, we take them to the airstrip, fly them out over Boston harbor and give them the heave ho. Round trip is 2.25 hrs unless there's a strong head wind. Hey, when are you coming out this way next?

I'm talking about the timeframe starting late next week thru about MArch 15-16. it looks like a well, well above normal pattern well up into Eastern Canada.

I skied out there in a tshirt a couple days and I hated it. To me skiing should be done in cold, wintry conditions.I got so sunburned and sweaty and it was miserable

I also skied Whistler another year and that was phenomenal

Just joking bro, we had this talk before. I really do not care, a week+ away from the insanity that is my life with great friends, pool, hot tub sauna, skiing, and libations is good. I am away up north for ten days starting the 19th.

How long are you thinking you will have snow OTG in your area?Like an approx date

Who knows? You've been telling me I'd lose my snow cover since X-mas. It could end fast or it could last. My Birthday is 4/20 and I've had it be 80* and I've had 2' on the ground. I pray to Ullr that it is here for a very long time.

Who knows? You've been telling me I'd lose my snow cover since X-mas. It could end fast or it could last. My Birthday is 4/20 and I've had it be 80* and I've had 2' on the ground. I pray to Ullr that it is here for a very long time.

I find it hilarious every year he tries to melt everyone's snow away, last year he even tried to melt his own away but was totally embarrassed by Scooter and Phil.

Just joking bro, we had this talk before. I really do not care, a week+ away from the insanity that is my life with great friends, pool, hot tub sauna, skiing, and libations is good. I am away up north for ten days starting the 19th.

you had me at hot tub! where do i sign?

Archived