mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this warm 10-14 day stretch is gonna be interrupted by a few transient shots of modified arctic air that at least gets to Stowe for a day or two at a time and blunts their melting. I don't buy models that have us mild end to end during that period. Hope the MJO gets back over to 8-1-2 after the 15th....

I think that makes sense. There'll be a solid cold shot after this weekend storm (BTV calling for -6F here one night) and I think while SNE roasts in the 50s and 60s we'll hold some cold east of the greens. If you buy the Euro, day 9 is 60-70F in all of New England except around here over into ME...only 50-55 lol

They did pretty well also, but ALB must still only be at 22 or so inches for the season. I'm at 45 now.

...ALBANY COUNTY...

SOUTH BERNE 12.5 421 PM 3/01 WEATHERNET6

1 NE SHAKERS 8.6 100 PM 3/01 ALBANY AIRPORT

LATHAM 8.3 204 PM 3/01 WEATHERNET6

COLONIE 8.0 506 PM 3/01 WEATHERNET6

1 E NORTH BETHLEHEM 7.9 157 PM 3/01 NWS EMPLOYEE

1 ENE MCKOWNVILLE 7.8 1130 AM 3/01 NWS OFFICE

2 W ALBANY 7.5 416 PM 3/01 NWS EMPLOYEE

BOGHT CORNERS 7.4 515 PM 3/01 NWS EMPLOYEE

RAVENA 7.0 510 PM 3/01 WEATHERNET6

EAST BERNE 6.5 518 PM 3/01 WEATHERNET6

You got 11" Rick? Sweet! How'd the Hudson Valley fare below you?

I don'r record it, but I bet my 11" has 1.25" in it. That was heavy to shovel. A lot like the epic 46" of wet snow I got two years ago this week

Latest 6hr core was 2.0" new with 0.16" w.e. The total is now 9.0" with 0.71" w.e. The -SN continues, but it looks like it will slowly gtaper off over the next few hours. I'm not sure if we can pull off 10".

Latest 6hr core was 2.0" new with 0.16" w.e. The total is now 9.0" with 0.71" w.e. The -SN continues, but it looks like it will slowly gtaper off over the next few hours. I'm not sure if we can pull off 10".

I think you're good for another 1/2" to 1" personally as the ULL moves on by. Snowing really nicely here for the past 90 minutes. First time all day LOL

MORCH TORCH!!!!

WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY...

GFS AND ECMWF INDICATE A SIGNIFICANT WARMING TREND AS HIGH PRES

MOVES S OF THE COAST WITH RETURN FLOW DEVELOPING. WED WILL BE THE

TRANSITION DAY AFTER A COLD START...THEN UNSEASONABLY MILD WEATHER

POSSIBLE BY THU AND ECMWF HAS THE POTENTIAL FOR TEMPS TO REACH THE

LOWER 60S. DID NOT GO QUITE THAT HIGH IN THE FORECAST AS THIS IS

STILL 7 DAYS AWAY.

MORCH TORCH!!!!

WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY...

GFS AND ECMWF INDICATE A SIGNIFICANT WARMING TREND AS HIGH PRES

MOVES S OF THE COAST WITH RETURN FLOW DEVELOPING. WED WILL BE THE

TRANSITION DAY AFTER A COLD START...THEN UNSEASONABLY MILD WEATHER

POSSIBLE BY THU AND ECMWF HAS THE POTENTIAL FOR TEMPS TO REACH THE

LOWER 60S. DID NOT GO QUITE THAT HIGH IN THE FORECAST AS THIS IS

STILL 7 DAYS AWAY.

Bring it on. Warmth until May, then legit heat and humidity all summer long..can't beat Florida type nights...70-75F for the low with 80%RH. Yes please.

I'm talking about valley locales..Not the mtns.. I think most of that is gone by MArch 15th.Steve is upset cuz he'll be skiing in tubes and tanks on his ski vaca..with no natural snow falling..One positive is he'll have nice tan lines

No actually that is how I prefer it. Warm sun reflecting off of the snow. I imagine you have never been. The groomed surfaces remain firm all morning, afternoons are spent on the deck popping cold ones and soaking up the sun. there is a reason i ski in March, just one of many.

24/21, -sn, Light snow continues to accumulate here on the east slope of the Berkshires. Now at 11" even for the event total. Looks like we may tack on a wee bit more this evening.

Thursday Night

nt_chancesnow.gif Overcast with a chance of snow in the evening, then mostly cloudy. Low of 16F with a windchill as low as 9F. Winds from the East at 5-10 mph. Chance of snow 50% with accumulations up to 2 in. possible.

Have re-opened trails to snowmachines and it's nice to have a cushy blanket laid down over the boney base.

Archived