• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Obi-One-Marchobi Episode II (Feb 29/March 1 event)

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't get BOXs forcast at least for my area, both nam and Euro show possible warning criteria snow, box has 1-2 iinches. Am I missing something. Even in the AFD they only saw 1-4 for the PVD-BOS corridor.

Can't wait for the torch. this 6 inch winter can't be over quick enough

I don't understand the watch from Taunton. It's definitely justified, especially north, but the amounts they reference (4"-8") in 24 hours isn't even close to criteria. They really need to be more consistent

GYX notes this in their AFD. Greater than 6" is expected, but over 30 hours it may warrant only an advisory.

I don't understand the watch from Taunton. It's definitely justified, especially north, but the amounts they reference (4"-8") in 24 hours isn't even close to criteria. They really need to be more consistent

To say nothing of the amounts that are listed (at least in the CT zones) of 2-6". If they think the situation may evolve into warning criteria, it would make sense to issue a watch. But, it would seem better to put one out without specific accumulation amounts than to put in something that falls short of criteria. Then, you can leave the amounts to either the warning or--in the cast of the 2-6" forecast--an advisory.

But, I'm must in the peanut gallery.

To say nothing of the amounts that are listed (at least in the CT zones) of 2-6". If they think the situation may evolve into warning criteria, it would make sense to issue a watch. But, it would seem better to put one out without specific accumulation amounts than to put in something that falls short of criteria. Then, you can leave the amounts to either the warning or--in the cast of the 2-6" forecast--an advisory.

But, I'm must in the peanut gallery.

I'd be very concerned about qpf if I were you.

BOS to ORH is right on the line for the Thursday stuff. It's probably some mix for me by the water, but a nudge south would be nice. It's possble cstl areas could pick up another inch or so at night when winds back more nrly again. At least Will can get garbage low level left to keep snizzle going.

Am I far enough north for thurs?

Thursday might be some lighter snows for you that won't do much. Maybe a couple of bursts can come by to deposit an inch, but the overall precip looks really light and inconsequential for us. I could see a little more Thursday Night as cold air comes south. Could be a classic cold air tuck and maybe another inch or so of snow.

I think we will have to watch for a sneaky fast advancing warm layer between 850 and 700 that cuts into the fun a bit prematurely in CT / RI advancing ENE. Almost always seems to be a tongue of milder air and it is hinted at in some products. I guess typical SWFE characteristic really.

Even the NAM snow algorithms showed this. That's why I was unsure of Kevin's higher end of his range. On the other hand, I could see someone in a weenie band that might cash in, like last time. I still don't know how I feel for BOS. I could see myself wetbulbing to 32 in decent snows, but I think I'll need to keep the rates going pretty good, or else it will be a 33-34F light snow that won't do much. Some of the hi res models like our in house one keeps BOS more like 050-060 and 31-32F. Given that high, I can see that if rates are good. The euro looked pretty good here all things considered.

Even the NAM snow algorithms showed this. That's why I was unsure of Kevin's higher end of his range. On the other hand, I could see someone in a weenie band that might cash in, like last time. I still don't know how I feel for BOS. I could see myself wetbulbing to 32 in decent snows, but I think I'll need to keep the rates going pretty good, or else it will be a 33-34F light snow that won't do much. Some of the hi res models like our in house one keeps BOS more like 050-060 and 31-32F. Given that high, I can see that if rates are good. The euro looked pretty good here all things considered.

3-6.

Archived