• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Obi-One-Marchobi Episode II (Feb 29/March 1 event)

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

925s actually cool through the event as the mid-levels warm.

and 850s will struggle to break 0C down here with that low level cold push. verbatim i think it's warmer aloft at KTOL than CHH the way the cold feeds in from the east.

Not sure what to make of it, looking at the NAM. I do think its a bit overdone on the QPF. Hopefully it has the right idea on the temp profiles. Not sure of above 850, but it looks like the damage is done before it gets above 0c for TAN. I'm too busy to really look into what it's putting out.

outside of the warming that takes place on thur...wed PM looks a lot like yesterday's euro did with the thermal profiles.

It wouldnt shock me if the resistance gets more on models on Thu as we get closer...Thu is further out on guidance obviously so there's still time to have it come in a little better.

It wouldnt shock me if the resistance gets more on models on Thu as we get closer...Thu is further out on guidance obviously so there's still time to have it come in a little better.

It does have a classic SWFE look to it. The warm layer is around 800mb so i wonder if that will halt, but I think the lower levels will put up a fight.

Yeah like we were discussing yesterday. We'd see mid levels warm today and then cool for late day and with the overnight runs. Stefs showed it already happening

It does have a classic SWFE look to it. The warm layer is around 800mb so i wonder if that will halt, but I think the lower levels will put up a fight.

The ML ridge to the north is impressive, so it will prob see some resistance...but the system to the west is strong too...should be a good battle...but its better that way since it would produce a much heavier period of snow.

i don't know what to make of all the hang back precip....could be pretty inconsequential. this has a look of a 6+/- hr burst. the good lift and mid-level moisture is a fairly narrow band...

also could see where the band gets more intense as it shifts across SNE as the thermal gradient really tightens over E and N zones as it starts to feel the HP to the NE.

The ML ridge to the north is impressive, so it will prob see some resistance...but the system to the west is strong too...should be a good battle...but its better that way since it would produce a much heavier period of snow.

Yeah the ridge is awesome. Classic look to the 700mb field with the 700 warmfront moving through and then slowing. Should be a nice band of snow if that were to happen. Then mid levelsd dry out, but you'll have shallower lift from 850mb and your erly flow, so that combo is nice for ORH. Maybe even BOS with a weak coastal front.

Archived