• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Obi-One-Marchobi Episode II (Feb 29/March 1 event)

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like NAM brings sleet to about KALB (briefly) but gives them a good snowfall. Your area over to me and KSCH seem to remain all snow and a good deal of it.

http://68.226.77.253/text/NAMSFC/NAM_Ksch.txt

If anything the models may not be showing enough respect for the cold high yet. Lot's of times they pick up on that more in the last 24 hours. As it is they are showing it's effect, but maybe it will be even moreso.

Kevin may do great yet.

People in northern NH and the northern 2//3rds of Maine could end up getting mostly shut out.

In that 42-48 hour period it's most perilous, but we only give up about .15" in qpf should it mix over then. We'd probably get PL in that time frame with the lighter rates especially. I see the NAM gives us close to .3" on Thursday and temps have crashed again then.

Looks like NAM brings sleet to about KALB (briefly) but gives them a good snowfall. Your area over to me and KSCH seem to remain all snow and a good deal of it.

http://68.226.77.253...FC/NAM_Ksch.txt

Agreed, maybe a dusting here, later it starts less snow will fall.........could see coatings up to 2 inches for the hills around Ridgefield east to Georgetown........Shelton those areas, quicker more snow, slower less.

I have a feeling some in coastal ct will underestimate that warm punch from the sw. Kev may be gloating about his 4+" while you're 34F and raining.

I have a feeling some in coastal ct will underestimate that warm punch from the sw. Kev may be gloating about his 4+" while you're 34F and raining.

34 would be generous, although the gfs is better for southern ct than the nam.........I would think a dusting over to rain would be a good call temps around 40 here, I hope the Nam has the right idea, gfs is a fairly boring outcome, although it does give the interior hills of ct a nice dump.

LOL QPF fetish.

A metric fetish no less.

Conversion is really easy in your head.

If we are talking MM ...take 15 mm. You just multiply it by 4. Move the decimal point.... and voila you get .6 inches.

The actual conversion is x .39 but hey close enough.

Thanks--I'll keep my sliderule handy. :)

GFS is.......um.......interesting.

Archived