• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obi-One-Marchobi Episode II (Feb 29/March 1 event)

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations man! Thank your lucky stars you aren't going to a certain university in SW CT...lol.

If there was any confusion there I didn't apply to Cornell...I was saying how I might have/might not if I applied. I got into Lyndon/Plymouth/Oswego with some $ from each.

Thanks though...just wanted to clear that up.

hard for me to believe bos actually gets 4-6 in reality this year. it just seems like c'mon ...don't we have to thread the needle w/ teleconnectors being what they are..esp. along the coast.

i'm chillin at attitash ......and (got a inch in about 45 mins today) and flyin out of bos on thur noon. i find it hard to believe i'll have flight probs on the water during the day thursday....but is this really a serious threat to flight in the middle of the day thurs for bos. hell i hope the flight is cancled . i'd like to stay up here

hard for me to believe bos actually gets 4-6 in reality this year. it just seems like c'mon ...don't we have to thread the needle w/ teleconnectors being what they are..esp. along the coast.

i'm chillin at attitash ......and (got a inch in about 45 mins today) and flyin out of bos on thur noon. i find it hard to believe i'll have flight probs on the water during the day thursday....but is this really a serious threat to flight in the middle of the day thurs for bos. hell i hope the flight is cancled . i'd like to stay up here

Teleconnectors and analogs showed potential for SWFEs...we mentioned that over a week ago when the pattern was switching to more Nina-like...we knew cutters would be a risk but also that we'd have a few shots at SWFEs...more active pattern. It doesn't have to be a -NAO block and +PNA for BOS to get snow...they got 52 inches of snow in 2007-2008 when the NAO was negative for 4 days the entire winter and the PNA was frequently negative.

Its late in the season so there is risk in BOS of not getting much because of poorer BL if the precip intensity is crap...but it can snow in this type of pattern, we've seen it many times before. This type of pattern just doesn't favor big KU type coastal storms...but it does favor SWFEs.

LOL...that of course will be a factor in my decision.

i graduated from Lyndon...oswego was my other choice...really didn't know about plymouth state at the time...if i could go back and do it again...Lyndon wouldn't be in the mix...wasn't impressed at all...i would apply to oswego (because i love snow) and whatever that good school is in Oklahoma...cause i love severe weather...and i would apply to plymouth as my school closest to home instead of lyndon...best of luck with everything...

The NAM is definitely a weenie run for this joke winter. Close to 1.2" here...we flirt with sleet, but hopefully its mostly snow.

I'm feeling that cold high isn't getting enough respect on the GFS and the NAM may even trend a little more south ultimately. That initial front end surge may get suppressed more, but the flip side is the snow sets up better Wed night and Thur....

My mom went to Oswego in the late 60s/early 70s and said it was amazing for snow. Great place.

i graduated from Lyndon...oswego was my other choice...really didn't know about plymouth state at the time...if i could go back and do it again...Lyndon wouldn't be in the mix...wasn't impressed at all...i would apply to oswego (because i love snow) and whatever that good school is in Oklahoma...cause i love severe weather...and i would apply to plymouth as my school closest to home instead of lyndon...best of luck with everything...

Thanks guys...I'll pm you guys if I have any other questions.

Did you graduate as a MET major? Because honestly, if I wasn't a MET/EJA major I would definitely not be here right now lol

WEDNESDAY`S EVENT...MODEL GUIDANCE HERE APPEARS EXTREMELY CONSISTENT

AND WITH LITTLE SPREAD IN THE SYNOPTIC PATTERN - THAT DOES NOT FAVOR

SNOW FOR THE OKX CWA. BASICALLY LOOKING AT A WARM FRONT/WARM

ADVECTION PATTERN AND WHILE PCPN STARTS AS SNOW...WARM NOSE ALOFT

SUGGESTS A QUICK TRANSITION TO RAIN. IN ADDITION...MODEL SOUNDINGS

SUGGEST LOSS OF ICE NUCLEI BY LATE AFTERNOON. ALSO...KEPT SFC TEMPS

CLOSE TO MOS DEW POINTS WHICH RESULTS IN ABOVE FREEZING. THUS...HAVE

TAILORED AMOUNTS BACK SIGNIFICANTLY WITH 3 INCHES IN ORANGE COUNTY.

THESE AMOUNTS MAY STILL BE TOO HIGH...BUT WANT TO AVOID FORECAST

FLIP-FLOP.

WARM FRONT REMAINS SOUTH OF THE REGION WED NGT WITH WEAK

CYCLOGENESIS TOWARD MORNING. THAT BEING SAID...IT SEEMS VERY

UNLIKELY THAT ANY COLD COULD WORK IT`S WAY BACK IN. INLAND NAM

SOUNDINGS...WHICH ARE SIGNIFICANTLY COLDER IN THE LOW LEVELS SUGGEST

SOME ICE POTENTIAL. FOR NOW...HAVE JUST INCLUDED SOME MIX. ALSO DID

INCLUDE FOG WITH THE LIGHT FLOW AND ABUNDANT LOW LEVEL MOISTURE.

Archived