• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obi-One-Marchobi Episode II (Feb 29/March 1 event)

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am happy to see you guys get something, however limited; winter up there has been as sucky as down here (in proportion, of course). Hopefully we can all get a decent spring with some severe to enjoy.

Winters like this make it not worth it for the garbage springs we usually get...its easier to take a 44F and drizzle spring while its 70F there when we've gotten blasted in the winter...but when you get a winter like this, you cringe...its basically 6 months of non-stop sucky weather.

A decent event or two here to close it out would take the sting out a bit for sure....but barring another 1997, nothing can erase the previous 3 months.

As a Plymouth alum, I can vouch for Plymouth. It's a great program and the faculty and facilities are top notch. The others are good too. If you have any questions about the program please feel free to PM me. Deciding where to go to college/met school is not an easy choice.

I did not go to PSU, but I love the area. Close to skiing, not terribly far from Boston, NYC or even Montreal. I was just there for a part of the weekend at the Common Man. For a smaller/medium school downtown Plymouth isn't bad. The Lucky Dog etc. It's a real nice area.

Cousin in law just graduated there in the last year or two, he loved it.

How has it been at your other house?

Meh. We've had some bouts of snow but very few snowcover days (outside the shady spots). The lake never froze which really sucks. Last winter we took the car on the ice; this year we could waterski. I expect one more dump in March out there. Maybe a 10-15 job. They are due for a decent snow. I think they are around 85" for the season but I don't have good stats.

event O/U's *(for gentleman bets only) lol

KBOS 2.2

KPVD 1.8

KORH 6.8

KBDL 3.0

i'd go under/under/under/under based primarily on this year's luck

I'd feel good about going over on BOS/PVD/BDL at the moment....ORH is a close one. I'd prob go under, but that one is the toughest call of the 4 to me.

I could see 5'' or so at BDL based off the NAM...some great lift and the column is certainly cold enough during the time of heaviest QPF and strongest lift...we would see a several window of some really good thumping snows. By the time the warmth in the mid-levels works in the majority of QPF from part 1 seems to be away from here and we would probably see some ZR/IP then.

diane...ya ....i'm weary of a n. shift.....weakening wAA as you head e in mass....warm BL temps near the coast....etc etc. 1'st and 3'rd in particular....2'nd no clue on but ..not sure if this is something that would even make sense (better lift in ct...weakening rates where we need them in KBOS)? in this situ

will does this set up argue for better lift in CT ....and needing to watch for weakening lift as you go east toward KBOS..or not so much

Stronger lift? AWT, as Will thought?

No, its still not that impressive with the front end stuff...its there, but not as good as other guidance. But the colder solution is def more in line with the other guidance now though still the warmest...however the biggest difference is that it doesn't really do as good as a job with the mid-level ridging and stretching of the mid-level center like the NAM does and even the Euro...which probably isn't too surprising given the GFS's crappy resolution compared to them...it will likely handle this CAD situation the worst.

No, its still not that impressive with the front end stuff...its there, but not as good as other guidance. But the colder solution is def more in line with the other guidance now though still the warmest...however the biggest difference is that it doesn't really do as good as a job with the mid-level ridging and stretching of the mid-level center like the NAM does and even the Euro...which probably isn't too surprising given the GFS's crappy resolution compared to them...it will likely handle this CAD situation the worst.

Which model do you think will or would handle the lift better, GFS or NAM? It's fantastic to see the GFS coming in slightly colder, definitely makes me feel more confident for a colder solution for mainly snow for the beginning and most of part 1 here but the GFS certainly doesn't look as impressive with the lift as the NAM does.

Archived