• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Obi-One-Marchobi Episode II (Feb 29/March 1 event)

HoarfrostHubb

I'd also ask, what torch? If it's the 850mb temps...no. Just because those edge +1C ...event +2C, may only mean sleet/ZR in this synoptic set up. Too much polar high anchored.

Yeah nobody is going to torch at the surface in this setup outside of maybe the most vulnerable coastal areas in far SE zones...you might get some 33F rain obs in the interior valleys...but it could also end up colder than that. The low level cold is most often under forecasted when the high pressure in the exact spot it should be for this event.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GGEM looks pretty interesting to me for early next week. Nice vort backing the trough.

Winter's last stand? with the MJO going in the crapper after that... ...but probably not Springs last stand as we usually get some snow after March 21st.

It's been in the last several runs of the GGEM and Euro. I mentioned this early that it should be monitored. This 00z GFS has that backside slide as well, but it drills the low too far seaward to do anything.

Could be a near miss, but I do think there will be a spin up.

EURO kind of meh. Pretty paltry for both rounds. CT/SW MA do okay on round one - which fizzles heading NE. Round two materializes a little too late. Throws back some snows into E MA, but quick to exit by hour 60-66.

Still lots to iron out. QPF probably 0.50" combined for a lot of SNE.

EDIT: Post 66 -- keeps light snows for VT-NH-ME. Last batch moving off the ME coast at 87. Further south (ie- south of the VT-NH/MA borders) not much after 60-66. All C/NNE.

Overall, an uninspiring run. Everything is elongated and stretched out. Nothing like the UKMET snow bomb for E SNE.

EURO kind of meh. Pretty paltry for both rounds. CT/SW MA do okay on round one - which fizzles heading NE. Round two materializes a little too late. Throws back some snows into E MA, but quick to exit by hour 60-66.

Yeah not impressive..

EDIT: Post 66 -- keeps light snows for VT-NH-ME. Last batch moving off the ME coast at 87. Further south (ie- south of the VT-NH/MA borders) not much after 60-66. All C/NNE.

Overall, an uninspiring run. Everything is elongated and stretched out. Nothing like the UKMET snow bomb for E SNE.

Yeah not impressive..

This was the best run of the Euro in days for SNE...probably 0.50-0.75" of qpf mostly snow...esp pike northward. It pretty much has part 1 combined with the other stuff before it tries to get inverted trough going.

:axe:

Euro is pretty nice for CT on the front end...it has that Ukie-ish seconday pulse of snow for the pike region between 54-60 hours....but evenm N CT gets in on that before it flips.

I'm really liking how guidance has trended today...definitely a great sign seeing that as we draw closer...I know this winter models have been terrible and have flipped so much but tomorrow will be 24-hours out and to see guidance converging instead of diverging is a tremendous sign.

Archived