• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Obi-One-Marchobi Episode II (Feb 29/March 1 event)

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said it about 18z and I'll say it again...looking at the radar on the nam from 21z to 00z, disaster commute tomorrow night if that is even close. Wow.

Yeah, I'm supposed to teach classes tomorrow in Newton from 1- 7pm then somehow get back to Greenfield. lol

I'm pretty confident I'll be cancelling the late class and enjoying a snowy and cautious drive down Rt 2.

It would not surprise me if you jackpot. I used to think Savoy was the snowiest place in Ma, but having been out to the SP a few times this year and last and comparing to your posts and pictures I'd say you are winter king of Ma.

Unless you are using old or photo shopped pics. ; ) j/k

Savoy to Florida and north to the Monroe forest on the border is the jackpot in MA. Pete's area would be next.

Yeah, I'm supposed to teach classes tomorrow in Newton from 1- 7pm then somehow get back to Greenfield. lol

I'm pretty confident I'll be cancelling the late class and enjoying a snowy and cautious drive down Rt 2.

You can take shelter in Hubbardston if you bring some good beer. Climbing the hills of Rte 2 in snow is something I haven't done in a while

21z sref plume maps are up

Two clear camps for BOS - either 12" or around 4-6" I'd take either this winter but obviously a comprimise or the 2nd would be preferred :)

Not sure if this link works - http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/sref/eplumes/index.php?RT=21&SID=BOS&INC=ALL&NNC=&PRM=Total-SNO&max=&min=

Also the trend is looking good if you look at the dprog/dt avg goes up with each of the last 4 runs from around 5.2" this morning to now 7.7" Though as I mentioned above it appears there are two clear camps - one around 12" and one around 4-5"

1.8" liq equiv at BOS in an even colder atmosphere on this run. Wow. -1C is the average isothermal depth for those intervals. One of which, by the way, has 30kt sustain 04 winds!!! That's nearing blizzard conditions right there if that verified as is.

If that FRH grid verifies this will - ironically - be the greatest Boston metro impact event in recent memory.

Archived