• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hilltop avoiding non-isallobaric wind from heaven... UKMET/Euro try to save society as we know it

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that run was unnerving to say the least... I wouldn't say as much but, heh, the progressive nature to the flow and utter lack of downstream blocking would argue that deeper solutions are unwarranted...

Its a f*ed up pattern where every run can be justified - jesus!

I'm not so sure the GFS will come as far west as we think at 00z run - although it will just because I said that, no doubt. Seriously, the UKMET took a 1000 mb low over the lower OV and drilled crater in the Earth at Porland Me 24 hours later on it's 12 z run. Crazy uncle people call it - but it's just another solution that was east boys and girls. Here's the thing, the UKMET has a big meridional bias at D4 and beyond, where it tends to dig troughs too deeply - what doesn't sit well, then, is that it's 12z solution must then overcome its own native bias in getting to that east solution. Not to drop names but Harv and I used to lift a brow when we saw the GOTAKEACRAPS progressive beady eye POS model close off a monster for the same reason.

hmmm

So the NAM and the 18z GFS are in bizzare-ville with this one. I wonder if the Euro holds serve or shifts slightly

I assume it will not produce as deep a low as earlier.

That is probably a good assumption, The Nam looks like it wants to develop a secondary in the GOM late, But that is at the end of the nam run which is worth basically nothing this far out or even in close this year..

Archived