joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 19th 2012 Winter Storm Obs./Disc.

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that...but you have to know DT to understand why the date says yesterday.

Actually, go to his WXRisk Facebook page, that is linked off of his website. He posted it within the half hour.

http://www.facebook.com/WxRisk

I will reserve comment on why he can't put the right date on the map.

He other comments on what he just posted:

WOW what a cluster screw up... Unlike some Mets I dont need to wait until the event is over or underway to KNOW I screwed up. anyone who donated and wants a refund just email me - yeah I know EVERY private met that busts a forecast always offers a refund. Just drop me a email

Thanks for posting this

It is the same thing every freaking winter storm.... people start diving off the cliff and calling a bust way before it is over. Just sit back and enjoy the ride people and appreciate whatever winter precip you get today/tonight in what has been a horrible winter

I'll be the first to jump. lol! Blame my kids. They're so wound up and excited and I've seen them get disappointed too many times.

I do have a question. It looks like there is a very large area of clearing that we'll be having for the next few hours on radar. What will prevent temps from rising and the air from getting dry during that time?

Current Temp 35

DP 32

Humidity 89%

Fortunately, the only way I can bust is if i DO see snow!

I love it me too......we are at best according to local NWS going to see a dusting if we are lucky, I hope though that the possible deform band that forms with that second S/W holds a surprise for many of us...

Temps here dropped from 48 around 5 am to 41 now and the DP is at 39 although it had gotten to 36 earlier, once the 850 low passes this evening we will se just how low we can get....be nice to get a surprise event the potential is there for us to get more than a dusting.

Currently near Pinnacle, NC (at least that's what the gps says)....flakes mixed in with rain.

Thats Pilot and Big frosty territory, hopefully thy can verify. If true then powerstroke would be the next in line to start seeing the switch.

I left the house for church around 8:00am it was 48 and drizzle, just got home it's 38 and very windy whipping the drizzle/boderline shower precip.

I think we will see 2-3 hours of snow roughly after 8:00pm, probably whiten everything is my hope. I would consider this a success.

I agree. After this miserable winter, I'm with you 100%. If it turns out like you suggest, we can at least say we were under one WAA and saw a few flakes. Just a week ago, I didn't think that would even happen.

Thats Pilot and Big frosty territory, hopefully thy can verify. If true then powerstroke would be the next in line to start seeing the switch.

I left the house for church around 8:00am it was 48 and drizzle, just got home it's 38 and very windy whipping the drizzle/boderline shower precip.

they have been getting snow and sleet since about 10am. I will be heading to Mt. Airy shortly with ice melt. Just waiting a while

just drove i40 west through hickory to 321. light rain.

Yeah, I know we're in the nowcast phase, but I can't ignore the GFS having trended warmer and later with the critical thicknesses being reached anywhere outside higher elevations or north of the NC/VA border. By the time the 850 line even sniffs the Triad, much less anywhere south, the precip. is coming to an end.

Needless to say, I'm just glad I'm in California these couple of weeks so I can be a disinterested party in what is going to be a close call and could result in absolute zilch.

Archived