Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Central PA Winter Cont'd cont'd

The Iceman

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro looks like poo.

I will say that this is gonna be a tough one to swallow if it ends up fringing or missing PA altogether. Practically handed a miller A Gulf storm via the MJO pulse currently making the 8-1 cycle right at the time of the month when most everyone was looking for that nice storm to happen.

Few mets saying euro looks fishy. Looked great up to hr 60 then randomly goes flat. Don't think that happens. Northern stream will weaken more.

12z is come back time. Go look at jma that's what I think will happen.

I hope it at least makes it that far north. That'd give us southerners a solid 4-8, possibly more with a slight shift north. It'd be even better if it makes it north enough to blanket the eastern part of the state.

I will say that this is gonna be a tough one to swallow if it ends up fringing or missing PA altogether. Practically handed a miller A Gulf storm via the MJO pulse currently making the 8-1 cycle right at the time of the month when most everyone was looking for that nice storm to happen.

It is going to be tough. Problem is, I think all the regions were looking to this time frame to give them something good to salvage this lousy winter. However it really takes something special to pound everyone so there is most likely going to be a loser in all of this, and right now it looks like it might be us and our friends to the North.

Confluence won't be as storng as modeled and the southern vort will be able to amplify more.

I agree with you. This is a nina, and that argues well for a north drift in this type of a set-up. NAM clwon map puts southern York, Lancaster, Adams, and Franklin in the 4 inch territory. Plenty of time for the models to drift north,

It is going to be tough. Problem is, I think all the regions were looking to this time frame to give them something good to salvage this lousy winter. However it really takes something special to pound everyone so there is most likely going to be a loser in all of this, and right now it looks like it might be us and our friends to the North.

Both of us have some more time than the south people. We have about 4-5 weeks.

Confluence won't be as storng as modeled and the southern vort will be able to amplify more.

100 mile north shift is a pretty big jump at this juncture, but that would solidly put everyone south of I-80 in some decent qpf so I hope your hunch is right. Any other year a North adjustment is almost a guarantee but I am leery since other guidance still seems to be much further South than the NAM and GFS from what I can gather.

100 mile north shift is a pretty big jump at this juncture, but that would solidly put everyone south of I-80 in some decent qpf so I hope your hunch is right. Any other year a North adjustment is almost a guarantee but I am leery since other guidance still seems to be much further South than the NAM and GFS from what I can gather.

HPC threw those other models out due to handling issues of the upper levels. Each run now I notice a sharper southern stream and less confluence. 0z tonight will be telling and I believe it will make a jump tonight. If not oh well.

HPC threw those other models out due to handling issues of the upper levels. Each run now I notice a sharper southern stream and less confluence. 0z tonight will be telling and I believe it will make a jump tonight. If not oh well.

That is good to know. I didn't realize the other models had issues. The other positive is the storm is still over 48 hours out so if a slight weakening in confluence is going to happen the NAM just may not have picked up on it yet.

Both of us have some more time than the south people. We have about 4-5 weeks.

True, but by March sun angle and warm ground will.... :lmao: I'm only joking! The only thing that really changes towards March for me is I hope that the events can hit during the overnight periods but that is certainly not a requirement if you get the right setup.

This storm is a pain in the *** to forecast for, especially PA/MD border counties! If there is even a small 50 mile shift north, York/Lancaster will see their biggest snow of the winter. If there is no further north shift, they get another advisory snowfall! :popcorn:

yep right now we are in the 2-4" range(which is awesome for this winter)...any other N shift and we may have our first warning event of 2012...agree with Eastern, i don't think we're done coming north yet...

Archived