amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central PA Winter Cont'd cont'd

The Iceman

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again, I am reminded how Miller Bs NEVER, EVER really perform for PA. The transfer of energy is usually over PA leaving most of us with nothing. The upslope areas do well because the mountains strip the moisture for the rest of us. When I hear Miller B for the northern Mid Atlantic. I just move on with little additional thought.

Once again, I am reminded how Miller Bs NEVER, EVER really perform for PA. The transfer of energy is usually over PA leaving most of us with nothing. The upslope areas do well because the mountains strip the moisture for the rest of us. When I hear Miller B for the northern Mid Atlantic. I just move on with little additional thought.

This is Miller A.

lol GFS coming in flatter than A tits

First thing I saw at work this morning when I went to check on the morale of the thread to see what was happening via my phone... made me lol a little.

Need to look over everything I missed this afternoon but don't count me as someone thats surprised the GFS bailed even further today, or throwing in the towel. Good chance this comes back some IMO.

This is Miller A.

Indeed. Where the hell did you hear it's a Miller B?

Weren't we at this point on December 17, 2009? Pretty much throwing the towel on a storm for being too far south? Just saying...

We were in a somewhat similar situation the few days up to the Feb 5/6th,2010 storm as well (insert obvious I don't expect 2 feet of snow disclaimer). The afternoon of the "might see 2 inches..perhaps three south of the turnpike" AFD like 2 days before the storm still lives in infamy in my mind haha. But yea that one kept sneaking north right up to when it hit. Miller A's will creep up on you.

Indeed. Where the hell did you hear it's a Miller B?

Just the HPC is all. :)

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/discussions/hpcdiscussions.php?disc=qpfhsd

AS IS TYPICAL WITH THESE MILLER B TYPE SYSTEMS SOME 2-3 DAYS

OUT...MULTIPLE COMPETING FACTORS WILL LEAD TO A LOW CONFIDENCE

FCST IN TERMS OF SNOWFALL POTENTIAL.

In reality, probably closer to an A/B hybrid.

We were in a somewhat similar situation the few days up to the Feb 5/6th,2010 storm as well (insert obvious I don't expect 2 feet of snow disclaimer). The afternoon of the "might see 2 inches..perhaps three south of the turnpike" AFD like 2 days before the storm still lives in infamy in my mind haha. But yea that one kept sneaking north right up to when it hit. Miller A's will creep up on you.

no you totally forgot the key part of that....it was Martin, who I've grown to love:

"Hard to see more than an inch or two, maybe three south of the Turnpike"

Need that "hard to see" in there.

I have to give him.....his style is to the point.

No way...lol. We got like 4 in that one....but 0.8" in Feb. WTH do we have to do to get that dang thing to go all the way up the coast like they used to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, we need to start with a deep negative tilting trough and I dont see one with this storm.

Side note, must admit that the discussion Phil posted on the main forum about this storm is probably the single best post I have seen on this forum in a year. BZ to him on that.

no you totally forgot the key part of that....it was Martin, who I've grown to love:

"Hard to see more than an inch or two, maybe three south of the Turnpike"

Need that "hard to see" in there.

I have to give him.....his style is to the point.

Haha oh I def remember...just had to throw it in there. Seriously though, I remember going into the storm it was looking like a decent warning down here for Blair fading to high advisory/low end warning up in UNV, while ground zero was near at or under the turnpike. That really heavy band managed to crawl up even further up into us for awhile.

500x_custom_1279603353670_frankenstein_mob.jpg

Here comes the I 80 North gang for ya Mag!!! LOL.

Careful, the driveways icy. Lol

Top 10 snow storms prior to 2010 in PA - case study of 11. 7 MB's - 4MA's.

http://berkswintercast.tripod.com/id85.html

Top 10 snow storms prior to 2010 in PA - case study of 11. 7 MB's - 4MA's.

http://berkswinterca...d.com/id85.html

Out of those, a majority transferred energy to the coastal South of PA. Only one that I can find transferred over PA and it was the 1909 storm.

Kind of an interesting note about that one.

about a snow lovers dream coming in #4 is the Christmas Day Blizzard of 1909, the storm was a classic Miller B storm with a primary low in the Midwest transferring to a coastal low on the SC coast. It is the last single* storm to dump 20” or more on Reading

Archived