wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Central PA Winter Cont'd cont'd

The Iceman

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you seen some of the newer episodes? There was one called "Storm of the Century". A hurricane was going to directly hit Philly and the gang went to their usual debauchery trying to prepare for the storm (and get the hot news reporter to ride out the storm at the bar with them). Then at the end of the episode the forecast ended up being wrong and they were only supposed to get drizzle instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZXx-CB9iR4

LOL...sure did man, wouldn't miss it! Hilarious! Onto the storm, looks like branches more separated this go-round.

I'd be cautious about that. Definitely less amplified than 18z, and even 12z. Still will be more of a storm than the other models.

Comparing around the hour 54 timeframe (hour 60 18z) seems like they're fairly similar but a bit faster on both streams. Now seeing these subsequent starting to roll in... oh man haha.

lol weak as **** but still manages to get massively warm.

hasn't disappeared though... still strange in how it gets there but still potential... hopefully we can manage more overnight than daytime with timing... on sunday peak sun angle/length of day/etc is similar to october 24th i believe (maybe 23rd) for comparison sake

hasn't disappeared though... still strange in how it gets there but still potential... hopefully we can manage more overnight than daytime with timing... on sunday peak sun angle/length of day/etc is similar to october 24th i believe (maybe 23rd) for comparison sake

Yeah. I was referring to 2m temps which is I guess was dumb since there still is plenty of time to sort that out....but still

We go from a sub 980 bomb (where you can expect strong WAA with BL issues for those too close to the warm sector) to a 992 fart but you still see the massive warm up at the surface.... just made me wince a bit.

Still plenty of time to work the kinks out.

Yeah. I was referring to 2m temps which is I guess was dumb since there still is plenty of time to sort that out....but still

We go from a sub 980 bomb (where you can expect strong WAA with BL issues for those too close to the warm sector) to a 992 fart but you still see massive warm up at the surface.... just made me wince a bit.

Still plenty of time to work the kinks out.

At least the GFS didn't yank the storm off the coast of SC or anything. Actually somewhat of a compromise of the 12/18z GFS type solutions and 12z Euro. Now if we can get the Euro/CMC headin that direction we might have something we could loosely define as a consensus. The late fades a killer..especially the further northwest one goes in PA, as is the lack of dynamic cooling from a more rapidly developing system for the further southeast. But i love how that thing comes out of the Gulf. As i've said already, a good gulf storm coming up inside like that usually finds a way to snow on at least a good part of PA.

Still not terrible. If we can get the ensembles to continue to improve, and especially if we can get the euro on board, I'm still pleased.

2-3" here taken completely literally. I'd take that-and people in Harrisburg and that area should be very happy with amounts. That shows that the earlier errors with the GFS didn't have a massive impact on the solution...of course it still has plenty of time to trend NW.

gfs_namer_096_precip_p24.gif

I'll be happy with the 1 to 3 this storm MAY bring. If you live north of and MDT to AOO line, you know these types of storms don't trend much better, so take what you can get.

Huh? I've had plenty of times when the models showed a big hit a ways out and trended NW to screw me over. Granted this wasn't in cursed C PA, but some optimism never hurt.

Archived